Cyma Platinum Cm.097 - 11.1v Lipo?

GoopGoop

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Has anyone recently purchased a 'CYMA Platinum CM.097 Upgraded version 'from TaiwanGun in the last ~year? Link: https://www.taiwangun.com/assault-rifle-aeg/cm-097b-upgraded-version-cyma

I'm asking specifically about TaiwanGun because they sell the 'Upgraded version' which I have not seen sold at any other stores.

My actual question: Does it double cycle/fire on single shot mode with an 11.1v LiPo?

I have seen a couple of videos of this happening with an 11.1v LiPo but the videos were from a while back and I'm not sure if they featured the 'Upgraded version' or not.

I also believe CYMA have made some minor changes to the weapon since its release, hence 'in the last ~year?'.

Any insight would be much appreciated!

the upgrades is really just a mosfet and upgraded nozzle and piston if memory serves me right,the mosfet is the same as what was in my old 621 so can handle 11-1 but doesnt ahve any features other than lipo protection

so reckon it would still double fire on 11.1,

I have a recent 097. I have made sure the air seal is good so that that it is working against a decent compression (shooting .2s in the 330 fps range with hop set for .28s). I have absolutely no issues with 11.1V lipo (1200 mAh at 50C).

On 14/05/2021 at 22:34, Piman said:

I have a recent 097. I have made sure the air seal is good so that that it is working against a decent compression (shooting .2s in the 330 fps range with hop set for .28s). I have absolutely no issues with 11.1V lipo (1200 mAh at 50C).

Thanks for the info mate!

I received mine yesterday and I can confirm there is no issue when using an 11.1v LiPo while on semi mode.

On auto mode the ROF is frightening lol.

How was the air seal on your unit? I would prefer not to take it apart unless need be. The rifle's firing bang on 350fps (+-3) with hop set to all the way to off.

Unfortunately my LiPo is just a tiny slither too big to slide all the way into the buffer tube, so annoying.. brainstorming how to get around that without buying another one.

i havent been brave enough to swith my titan to safe-semi-auto its been sat on semi-semi since getting it

what sort of rof where u getting with the standard set up?

is that with the stock moved out abit? as i can get a 2600 mah nunchuck style batt in mine no probs

On 18/05/2021 at 22:38, GoopGoop said:

Thanks for the info mate!

I received mine yesterday and I can confirm there is no issue when using an 11.1v LiPo while on semi mode.

On auto mode the ROF is frightening lol.

How was the air seal on your unit? I would prefer not to take it apart unless need be. The rifle's firing bang on 350fps (+-3) with hop set to all the way to off.

Unfortunately my LiPo is just a tiny slither too big to slide all the way into the buffer tube, so annoying.. brainstorming how to get around that without buying another one.

There was a leak that was fixed by replacing the piston o-ring. However, if you are only getting a =/- 3 fps difference than that is good and I would not worry about it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.