Bored - Jgbar10 - What to do With it?

sonofsammo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I currently have a new JG Bar10 that I bought at the start of the first lock down and have done nothing with since.
I'm really, really bored, so am thinking I probably should do something with it.
But the question is - what?
I've got a 455mm one of these:
https://www.unit13shop.eu/en/gearbox-and-parts/precision-barrels/aeg-barrels/pdi-05-aeg-inner-barrel-6-05mm/a-23679-20000251
Which I got for my SRS, but didn't like it with the carbon outer barrel/silencer, so never used it.
I think it's shorter than the current inner barrel, but am wondering if it's compatible with the hop unit anyway?
I think I've got a spare rubber or two lying around. Have also got the faceless sniper Rhop, so could give that a go too.
I've already got a shitty scope I'll stick on, so with minimal fuss it should be good to go.
Any other suggestions for what I can do to it without spending a fortune (or waiting for the post forever) would be most welcome.
TIA 😄 

I personally wouldn't bother with an Rhop, maple leaf rubbers are almost as good without any of the fitment hassle. If you're going to be using the PDI barrel you'd have to file off the bridge to use a standard VSR type rubber. For the rhop side of things I'm not sure what rubber you could use with a VSR style hop and a bridged barrel.

As for cheap mods - barrel spacers. If you've got some masking tape cutting about wrap one or two layers adhesive side away from the barrel (so it doesn't stick and become a pain in the arse to get off) and then wrap normally. A couple of these will help to stop the inner barrel wobbling around the outer. Masking tape is better than electrical as the latter moves about a lot more and doesn't stick to itself as well as the former. Nice and cheap and good for consistency.

You could spray it aswell if you fancied. I went the cheapo camo tape route and it has held up on my gspec the past few years pretty well, so potentially another option. It's not massively expensive for either option really.

As a side note, I'm pretty sure the standard VSR barrel length is 430 so 455 might end up sticking out a bit - I've only got first hand experience with a gspec though so there might be a bit of leeway in what would fit.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.