Any Thoughts on How the 'New' We Version of This Pistol Will Compare With the Aap-01

The Gray Man

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So WE announces their version of the "Ruger" .22 Semi-auto pistol (with Glock, Hi-Capa and 1911 frame styles) to compete with the Action Army version. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

As a WE fan (their Glocks, P-38's, Original Browning Hi-Power (yeah yeah I know), P226R, P226 Mk25 and ISSC M22). My issues with WE have usually been with their finish (other than on the P-38's, its really pretty good. The AAP-01 doesnt suffer with finish issues) and the fact that they are not that tightly put together (they can rattle pretty good, where the AAP-01 is a pretty solid piece) and the WE 1911 single stack magazines are not known for BB or gas capacity.

I'll probably give the Glock framed model a try, but I dont see anything here to make we want to give up on my AAP-01's (which is now my "go to" pistol). It will be interesting to see if any of the cosmetic accessories from Action Army are going to work on the WE pistols. Price is also going to be interesting.

WE have fallen a bit in my mind.

They do make good pistols but my experience lately has shown that they also make crap...

Their Hi-Power Mk3 is badly designed (same as the older P35) Myself and another forum member have had the same piece break with the same failure point.

And Negative Airsoft bought two which were dead out of the box...

I'd wait to see if its in the 'well made' category or the 'shitty' category.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.