Cyma 098b DMR Platinum / M4 Variants Thoughts

Adenley
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So i have just purchase my first ever Cyma, i know they have been know for their AK variants and normally i would not even consider buying any M4 platform based weapon made from them. 

But then i decided to have a change of heart once i saw one of their new platinum 7.62 AR-10/SR-25 based models.

(CYMA 0.098B) https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/cyma-cm-098b-platinum-edition

Has anyone ever had much experience with this range of theirs and can give me their views on them as standard. I am aware that there are many other brands out their that would be cheaper option but personally i was drawn to this one and thought i would give it a try.

first thing that is happening is that stock is getting swapped out for the ICS DMR m4 stock as i find crane stocks fat and ugly and dont give the gun a well balanced look.

might be important to note that i do not intend to use LiPo batteries with this. if i were to go down that route i would go for a titan Li-oN 

So far the only cons i have seen or read about is

MOSEFT only provides basic protection and is not programmable 

Price Tag 

Lack of Trademarking

FPS 300-320 

not locked to semi (not a bad thing if you wanted to use this more up close and personal if the FPS under 350 but if considering upgrading spring for higher power modification needed to the selector)

But saying that i feel like there are some pros to this as well

6.03 inner barrel

Quick change spring (lets be honest this is becoming standard with must guns now)

Full metal construction (i would hope so at that price)

Micro switch

13-1 ratio gears 

Steel tooth piston 

Silent piston head

High Torque motor 

8mm Bearings  

The Design personal i like as i am not a fan of the big chunky hand guards 

Be interesting to hear some of your thoughts and if you currently own or have owned one lets hear what you have to say.

Archived