Microswitch Trigger in an Mp5 With V2 Gearbox

Jamoy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ive done some digging for the past few days and cant seem to find anything on this matter.

I have started to upgrade / maintain my armory as im starting to get into air soft again now i can drive and have started my first job. I decided i was going to upgrade my MP5 by putting a mosfet in it and dropping in a better gearbox with a micro trigger on it for good trigger response. I have however ran into a problem with the micro-switch gearbox is wanted to drop into it. The MP5 trigger does not work with the v2 micro switch. The trigger that came with the gearbox (Nuprol Delta V2) will be way too short to have in the mp5. 

I have had to transfer the parts into an old gearbox i had laying around that had an old trigger contact switch in it. But the problem with this is that the gun is double tapping on a 11.1v LIPO now. I am wondering if you can even get a microswitch compatible trigger that is V2 and of MP5 type?

• Supporters

Probably not unless you go down Titan/Leviathan route

What speed/rps are you shooting at, 20+ you get overspin

and double firing is very very likely @ 25rps on a UK gun without work

Me thinks you might have a worn Cut Off Lever - replace with steel SHS one

also examine the sector gear cam - some sectors really trip the COL much later I've recently found

and that ain't good if trying to reduce over spin

Some sectors - the COL is so lately positioned it starts to trip the COL long after the piston is released

& some others start to trip the COL as the piston is on its last tooth just about to release

The difference in these or comparing 2 or 3 sectors, the position of the COL cam can really make a difference...

8pv2seg.png

Both std 18:1 sectors have all 16 teeth on them, not perfect pic but look carefully & you get the gist

but one on right will activate the COL much later than one on left

and as piston is released the drive chain rapidly starts to accelerate from being under load from spring

before starting to pop the COL, where as the one on the left is popping the COL as piston is released

so expect more over spin using the right sector in a snappy build than left sector

If you got a late tripping sector with a worn COL then expect plenty overspin even at say 18~20rps

deffo look at COL and maybe check if you have a very late releasing sector like one on right

though this is a bit of rare extreme example on the right I might add, but pops the COL much later

(might be OK if seeking say a pre-cocking DMR or nothing too snappy - not really for a snappy build though)

Nuprol boxes are M4 triggers only afaik & are bespoke trigger & a bespoke COL made of alloy that will wear nicely

shove it a M4 with a mosfet, use for a while maybe but flog it before the DairyLea bits need replacing

Rebuild the regular V2 with new steel COL, select a nice std sector that pops the COL sooner rather than later

if going nutz speed wise then consider Short Stroking perhaps on a higher spring

but a new COL & decent sector popping early is where I would start from

Aye, the setup i have runs about 20rps with a 11.1 so that is probably whats causing the problems then. I was intending on switching out parts over time, I will have to have a look for some good gears then and a new cutoff lever.

Thanks for the info.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.