Pivot Pin Thing

catweazle1066
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all knowledgeable beings!

I found an old SMK 19 in my shed (no idea how long it's been there) and having some time on my hands right now decided to check it out. It does work and can still be fired but the pin (see pic) keeps falling out.

Any ideas how I can repair/replace this would be most welcome.

Thanks

20200504_122210.jpg

replace it with an internally threaded sleeve hex bolt and washer either end. or steel bar with grove cut either side for a clip

8 minutes ago, BigStew said:

replace it with an internally threaded sleeve hex bolt and washer either end. or steel bar with grove cut either side for a clip

Thanks. Any ideas where I would get such a thing the correct size? Or am I asking a dumb question and even B&Q do them 😉

1 minute ago, catweazle1066 said:

Thanks. Any ideas where I would get such a thing the correct size? Or am I asking a dumb question and even B&Q do them 😉

Screw fix or amazon will be better. you just need to measure the diameter of the links

30 minutes ago, BigStew said:

Screw fix or amazon will be better. you just need to measure the diameter of the links

Stand by......necessity is the mother of all invention (someone said) 

Man went to shed and man found things in a tin...........one of those things was an internal threaded thing with a screw one end. Precisely the same diameter. I cut the threaded thing to the correct length and then cut down two screws and fitted one either side. Hey presto done. A bit of light thread lock and voila....happy days! 

20200504_143521.jpg

20200504_143808.jpg

Archived