Invasion Airsoft (review)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So... had my first game in a long time at Invasion Airsoft in Stockport (Manchester) on Sunday. And it was great 👍

Rocked up like a freshblood with just a helmet and an itchy trigger finger. Took out a day's hire package for £40 (M4 AEG with 2000 rounds) and had at it.

Really good CQB venue, spread over multiple floors of a disused factory (a mill) with a nice range of layouts between them: some quite light an open; others dark and at very close quarters. We played a range of games over four floors (I think there are 7 in total), starting with infection and then moving on to the usual mix of attack/defend and something called chaos (players start off solo and co-opt others onto their team by scoring kills and medic-ing them within 30 seconds, ending up with two teams for the final showdown).

Nice bunch of lads and friendly-yet-professional marshals (always important). I was made to feel very welcome as the 'hire guy' and never once felt that the teams were cliquey, despite it being a relatively quiet day and most of the other players knowing each other well.

Managed to bag an acceptable number of kills... given that I haven't played in years!... including one knife kill (mostly pure chance) and an - ahem - incident during which I accidentally hosed down a marshal, who was very forgiving it has to be said.

All round very good first impressions and now the place where I'm going to be basing my site membership for UKARA purposes. They also run an outdoor site near Macclesfield, which I'm looking forward to trying out soon.

Details here for anyone interested https://invasionairsoft.com

Archived