Cyma cm.079 - Prometheus upgrade

mydecember
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello everyone!

I'm new to airsoft, bought cm.079 not so long time ago and I love it! Installed red dot scope and soldered T-connectors for LiPo batteries, ordered double-sealed cylinder head and nozzle also, but have not installed them yet. So now I want to increase precision a bit and after reading forums and watching lots of youtube videos I'v made a list:
1. Prometheus inner barrel
2. Prometheus Hop-Up Metal Chamber + Tensioner
3. Prometheus Air Seal Chamber Hop-Up Packing (Soft Type)

Can you please comment if Prometheus is okey (or maybe madbull will be better choice) and I need help with choosing right barrel and hop up mechanism:
1. Inner barrel. 
Stock length is 390mm and 6.08 diameter. But I can't find 390mm upgrade barrel, could it be that I need Prometheus EG Barrel 387.5mm for KRYTAC LVOA-C AEG? Will it fit or I need Prometheus EG Barrel 407mm and cut it to 390mm length?
2. Hop-Up Metal Chamber + Tensioner
Will Prometheus Krytac Upgrade Metal Hop Chamber fit and will bridge style tensioner be okey?

3. And maybe something is missing in my list, so could you please give me an advice :)

Guest Yukarin

No need to replace your original hop up chamber unless its broken, just change the bucking, nub and inner barrel. Prometheus Purple is a solid choice, as well as their barrels. You don't have to get the exact same length inner barrel as you have before, you can go slightly shorter, or slightly longer and cover it with  a silencer or flash hider.

7 hours ago, UKCYukarin said:

No need to replace your original hop up chamber unless its broken, just change the bucking, nub and inner barrel. Prometheus Purple is a solid choice, as well as their barrels. You don't have to get the exact same length inner barrel as you have before, you can go slightly shorter, or slightly longer and cover it with  a silencer or flash hider.

Thank you!

Have one more question, should I stay with Prometheus Purple normal or make a flat pop up using Prometheus bridge style tensioner, what will do better?

Guest Yukarin

Flat hop is better but requires modification of the bucking, seeing as you said your new, best thing to do is to use the normal nub and not to modify the bucking to keep things simple. Maybe try flat hopping on your next gun or bucking.

Guest Yukarin

Couple of points about that video...

First off he didn't show whether any hop was applied, if you have zero hop then ofc the BB is gonna roll out of the barrel but after applying hop the BB should be retained until it is fired. He didn't even install the Nub that comes with it (you can see its still in the packet)

Second of all that is a AK hop up unit, so theres still a chance it will work with an M4 hop up chamber (it should work in an AK chamber regardless).

Maple leaf setup is good for heavy BBs (0.3g upwards), but don't go for 70 degree buckings, they are too hard for the FPS for AEGs (should only be used for snipers). If so, go for a 50 degree bucking.

I'm using 0.25g p&j bbs ar the moment, but can use 0.3g if needed, so is it better to go 50 or 60 then?

So still can't decide what would work better, Prometheus Purple or Maple Leaf Macaron?

And btw, I'v read that it is possible to install Maple Leaf Crazy Jet GBB (without "bridge") with autobot bucking and it is working great.

Guest Yukarin

Heavier BBs will travel for longer but they will be slower.  Maple leaf Macaron would be better but is a bit more complicated to install (need to use the Maple Leaf Omega Nub with it and aligning that properly can be a pain). If your gonna stick to lower weight BBs like 0.25g go for the Prometheus.

As for the Maple Leaf Crazy Jet barrels, yes they are good barrels but they are better in HPA and Gas setups. You'll need the special Hotshot bucking for those, honestly no point sticking it in a simple AEG.

Well, if ML Macaron 50 with 0.28 bbs would give me better range then Prometheus with 0.25 bbs, I could stick with ML then, what do you think?

And it's a pain to get 387mm Prometheus barrel, so think i'm ordering 380mm ZCI instead, it's made from steel and has an O-ring near the end of the barrel for stabilization. And it's cheaper, so I can replace something else instead, but don't know what, everything works fine atm.

Thank you UKCYukarin for your help and answers! I have too many questions...)

Guest Yukarin

Yeah ZCI barrels are decent if you give them a good clean before use.  You'll get more range with 0.28g BBs and a ML setup for sure, just a little fiddly to install.

Archived