How to change inner barrel in TM Hi-Capa Gold Match

GolumDub
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade my TM Hi-Capa Gold Match inner barrel, but puzzled on how to remove the original one from the outer barrel. As it seems to be done differently from the standard Hi-Capa.

Will appreciate if you could point me to some kind of a guide or just explain here (if its something simple).

The outer barrel in a Gold Match should be a non-drop, pretty sure you have to undo the cross-head screw on the side of the hop unit and remove the small plastic keeper

Thank you for the advice. Yes, it is a non-drop, but I am not sure what kind of screw you are suggesting is holding the keeper. As hop unit is not not attached to the outer barrel. 

Maybe you know if there is any guide for another gun with non-stop barrel? 

Have you tried lifting out the hop unit from the outer barrel?

On the side, there should be a small cross head screw holding a small plastic keeper in place?

Im not at home, or I could look

Yes, I have tried. You can pull it back for some length and feel spring tension, which brings it back. For a standard Hi-Capa you just pull hop jnit with inner barrel back and a bit aside past the outer barrel limiter and it's out. But with GM, seems like there is a keeper inside the outer barrel (no screws visible that hold it), which I can't figure out on how to remove (and don't want to brake it by forcing it out in a wrong way).

Weird that there is no guide I can find on the youtube, which will show how to disassemble non-stop barrels. Or maybe I am missing something here.

Thanks a lot rocketdogbert! That's what I was looking for. As wasn't sure on how to actually remove that keeper and didn't want to break it by applying too much force. 

But now with a bit of fiddling and careful force I was able to remove the inner barrel and have it replaced with 6.0.

Have a great weekend!

Archived