Multiple channel chargers. SkyRC Turnigy ect

Iceni
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Anyone on here running a multiple channel charger? Specifically 4 channel.

I'm thinking about picking one up for myself to replace the balance charging board setup I use.

I'm thinking something like the SkyRC Q200 quattro, or the turnigy Quad charger.

https://www.hobbyrc.co.uk/skyrc-q200-quatrro-4-channel-200w-ac-balance-charger

https://www.componentshop.co.uk/digital-quad-charger-for-1s-to-6s-3-7-22-2v-lipo-battery-packs-up-to-5a-charge-current-with-20a-power-supply.html

The SkyRC might be the better buy but I want to hear what you guys think.

2x10amp and 2x5amp on the sky v/s
4x6amp on the turnigy

Price isn't an issue, as after wire conversions there's only about £10 difference.

The turnigy needs the output boards x3 (£2.50 [£7.50]). And 4 deans to banana leads (£3.99 [£12]){£20 needed is parts}. Whereas the skyrc comes with the output boards and just needs the supplied cables converting to deans male (so basically free).

The SkyRC having the AC in means less desk space needed, but desk space is the last thing on my mind!

The only thing that might swing it for the Turnigy is it can charge at 6 amps on all rails. But not with the component shop DC power supply... That'll only do 5 amps per rail (20A supply). So I'd have to get a better PSU to use it at full potential anyway! lol

The SkyRc is a bit more limited, you have 10 amps that are split between 2 channels on AC power, so you can charge 10 amps on 2 rails, 5 amps on all 4, Or a combination in between. The only way to make it run at 10/5 all the time is to run a DC power supply. So it has the same base overhead as the turnigy, and can be pushed in different ways if i decide to use it to gang charge.

Another thing I could do with the skyrc is take 4x 7.4v 2200mah on channel A at 8.8amps through a balance board, then drop anything else I need on the other rail, I could put 3x 7.4v 2000mAh on the other main rail and still have 1.2 amps on rail 1 and 4 amps on rail 2 free. I'm going to have to have a good think about this one.

Archived