TM SGR-12 drum mag issues

Beat90
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Evening all! 

new to this site so the info may already be here but couldn't find anything after searching. 

Basically my mate got a new TM SGR-12 and the additional TM 3000 rnd drum mag. we both used the gun on our last game day and apart from the obvious weight issue, its a damn good weapon! The drum mag however, wont sit high enough when clipped into position meaning im constantly holding the bottom of the mag to keep it pushed into place and fire. we know its not the gun as the regular mag fits and works perfectly. im wondering if this is normal because the mag was initially for the AA12 and if i we can do anything about it? 

thanks all in advanced.

• Head Moderator

I have the SGR-12 and have not had any issues with the TM drum mag.  Slides into position, locks, and always feeds.  Then every so often push the button to electrically wind more BBs into it.  I do not remember requiring any extra clips or fittings to use the drum mag with the SGR-12, however, there is a grey plastic part and small allen key still in the packaging which I believe is required for use with the AA-12.  Any chance that you the wrong fitting?  Instructions are all in Japanese.

The grey tab is because the AA-12 mag catch isn’t strong enough to hold the mag, it sits just under the drum in case the catch gives way.

No issues with the SGR-12, I’m guessing something is worn or broken

Archived