L85A2 'HK A2' Receiver engraving

Chris_B
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, 

Thought I'd share this one, proper geeky for what it is but it's the small details that excite me.

I had my upper receiver for my Ares L85A2 engraved today, just like the real steel, and I wanted to show it off...

A short story on the HK logo on the British L85; the MoD contracted Heckler & Koch to re-design the not so we'll received L85A1 due to reliability issues when it came into service in the late 80's/ early 90's. Issues such as the firing pin shearing, charging handle re-designed to deflect ejecting brass, new gas system, shroud around the mag release, stiffer springs in the firing control group & other things.

It costed the MoD £92M to 'fix' approximately 200,000 L85A1 rifles. After this upgrade by H&K, they designated the L85 'A2' by engraving the bolt, gas system & upper receiver to stand out from the A1's.

I play airsoft for the realism (and to have alot of fun) but I am very passionate about authenticity with my RIF's. So I am carrying out some minor details on my Ares L85A2 to make it stand out from the rest and have some nice detailed touches to it.

Now this is my first L85 that I've owned, and there are undoubtedly a few more details to add to make this a near perfect match to the real thing, so I'm reaching out to you hardcore L85 fans and ask of you for any more recommendations to add to it.

Thanks for reading

Chris_B

'Aint nothing to it but to do it' (Ronnie Coleman)

IMG_20180302_170500.jpg

IMG_20180302_170358.jpg

Archived