VFC 416c best cylinder, cylinder head and piston?

Ujustgotsarged
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi

my vfc 416c is shooting about 290 FPS, want to improve air seal over everything else, so what would the best cylinder/head and piston be to get, already have a decent nozzle that I want to put in and it has a protein hop with Prometheus purple bucking and madbull tight bore, just want to improve the others, so advice please

cheers

13 hours ago, Ujustgotsarged said:

it has a protein hop with Prometheus purple bucking

:D If it is a protein hop, I bet it's a pretty tough hop up XD

Ususally, air seal doesn't always have to be fixed by buying new parts. Open the gearbox and clean everything with some soapy water and dry it well, relube it with silicone grease for the compression parts and around the o-rings and something a bit more lasting for the mechanical parts and boom that is like an extra 10fps right there. Replace the o-rings on the cylinder and the piston head with some nice, high quality and fresh o-rings. Once it is relubed and with all the new o-rings, push the piston through the cylinder with your thumb or finger over the cylinder head and if it doesn't go inside the cylinder all the way and it just stops, boom good air seal. Then try it with the air nozzle on the cylinder head, if the piston again doesn't want to go inside all the way, boom good air seal. If you don't get a good air seal from the tests, first make sure you are doing it correctly by searching up airsoft compression tests on youtube and something will show you. If you fail the first test without the air nozzle, you might want to replace your cylinder head for a double o-ring cylinder head but usually this doesn't need to be done. Make sure that the o-ring on your piston is LOOSE. Not loose as in it can easily just slide off but loose as in if you push the o-ring to one side inside the piston head raceway, it sticks out over the edge because you need that o-ring loose to seal the gap between the piston head and cylinder better amongst other spooky tech stuff I don't know about. If you fail the second test, you may not have an o-ring inside your nozzle so replace the nozzle with one that has an o-ring inside. 

Prommy Purple bucking is good although chunky and thick as hell, a real fat bastard

Madbull tightbore is a very good budget barrel

Next you want to do the air seal for the hop up, real simple. More o-rings and teflon tape. Put bucking on and put some teflon tape over just the end and make it a very small amount otherwise you won't get the c-clip on. I don't do this personally because I don't feel I need to but it does help. Put the c-clip on and teflon over that too and again, not too much. Lastly the o-rings, apply o-rings over the barrel (so yes you will need some fairly small o-rings) and slide them all the way along the barrel until you hit the hop up edge next to the c-clip. Now apply as many as you can until you can't close the receivers and then take 1 away. Test shoot it...shoots fine? Great. Shoots poorly? Take an o-ring away. Keep taking an o-ring away until it shoot good and proppa although I wouldn't of thought you would need to take more than like 2 away MAX because you will probably start off by putting like 3-4 o-rings on before you can't put anymore on anyway.

Hope that helps.

Archived