Krytac Alpha SDP.

jamesfl
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, 

Just returning to Airsoft as a way to get back into fitness , and I am hoping to be going to mainly CQB events.
I have been researching and have settled on the Krytac Alpha SDP as a platform , but like all of us want to make it 'mine'.

Are the SDP's grip , stock replaceable?
I just would like a 'magpul' ish look , and to ad a stubby foregrip , but not to increase the front length (easier to peer around corners).

Many thanks

James

Guest PT247

I have a PDW which I have made "my own" It is M4 based so yes, you can kinda do what you like with them....

A standard (but dirty) PDW:

DSC_0280_zpspnywlnfc.jpg

What it looks like now:

_20161217_113053_zpszqnezwn7.jpg

Has a Magpul pistol grip and a Battleaxe stock

I own an SDP and absolutely adore it. I love it so much I went and got it, and my torch, painted. 

As a platform, it's Krytac so it's absolutely solid. Full metal, great internals, great sound and very reliable. Mine personally has a slight issue with the fire selector deciding to stick itself on safe when its in semi. Usually when I want to shoot someone...

You stated you wanted to replace the battery tube with a stock and get a foregrip. Honestly, it'll be easier for you to just get the PDW variant like PT247 has. The SDP has no lower rail, but apparently it might be possible to add one, and I'm unsure about replacing the tube.

On the length side, the PDW will be more than short enough for CQB, people run with full length battle rifles at my site and have no issues.

As good as the SDP is, just get a PDW and save yourself some hassle.

Archived