Front wired TM CQB-R

Crashtest33
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all.

I want to make an accurate L119a1 from a TM recoil but have an issue.

Would it be better to get a Socom M4A1 (correct stock, wrong RAS) and change to a CQB-R RAS & outer barrel.

Or to get a CQB-R (Correct RAS, wrong stock) and convert it to front wired and just pop on a G&P CAR15 Stock??

(As far as I know the CQB-R has all the necessary cut-outs for front wiring and a lower detachable RAS)

Umm-ing and Arr-ing.

Cheers.

• Supporters

Front wiring a CQBR is a pain in the ass, you'd need to manufacture a wire guide to keep everything out of the way of the bolt stop mechanism.

Must easier to get a SOCOM and replace the outer barrel with a 10 inch LAYLAX one. The delta ring on a SOCOM is identical to the CQBR so a second hand RIS from someone who has replaced theirs will drop right in.

Failing that, crane stocks have been seen on L119s, while it's not the iconic look it is still an acceptable part.

The big Cheese has the answers again!

Cheers pal. Great advice and will be heeded.

Seems very odd that they produced 2 gearbox shells for front and rear wiring. No wonder TMs are expensive!

Also, I can only find a 10.5" Laylax outer barrel. Is that what you meant?

• Supporters

the gearbox shell is identical, there's an extra part which routes the wiring to the front that's included on a SOCOM and not included on any other model... understandably they're like rocking horse turds second hand.

the Laylax 10.5" barrel is what I would recommend, or if you're going to get the barrel turned down to the correct length just use the one that comes with it. You need a barrel with the cutout on the bottom or fitting batteries & wiring in is an absolute nightmare.

Great knowledge, cheers buddy!

Everything seems to be hard to find now for the A1.

The Madbull 556 suppressor is discontinued now too.

Quick Q's.

Will the motor cover from the TM fit perfectly in the G&P 'storm' grip?

And will G&P stocks fit on the TM tube?

Archived