Loose Buffer tube,

Meowmus

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, i have a loose buffer tube on my CYMA M4, the simple fix is to tighten the fitting, but i don't have the correct tools, as its not a simple screw fitting, i would like advice on what tool i should get, as i have no idea on what the size of the fitting is

post-11293-0-65199300-1436704980_thumb.jpg

Many thanks, James

• Supporters

if it ain't philips it must be an allen key or torx.......

the bolt thread size should be M5 thread that goes into the spring guide of gearbox

so I am gonna guess 4mm allen key might be required

Not saying for absolute deffo this will work but cheap if you are gonna do any work...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rolson-28429-51pc-Screwdriver-Bit-Set-Handy-Tool-Kit-Set-Diy-Work-LOW-PRICE-/231521944023?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item35e7c881d7

HOWEVER - depending on how far down the bolt is the screwdriver may not quite reach without an extension

as some buffer tubes mount very close to rear of receiver and others a little closer to stock

there are at least two positions in various buffer tubes and the above screw/hex/torx kit may or may not quite reach on its own

Still for a fiver delivered it could be worth a look - heck I might get one as I keep losing some bits in my tools

if it ain't philips it must be an allen key or torx.......

the bolt thread size should be M5 thread that goes into the spring guide of gearbox

so I am gonna guess 4mm allen key might be required

Thanks Allot, will get on looking now

• Supporters

Thanks Allot, will get on looking now

buy that kit I just edited if you ain't sure

you will have hex/allen key and also torx - god damn torx bits

so if that driver is long enough - which it should be unless you are really really unlucky to need an extension

it should do proud for almost any work on your gun

an extension is probably a couple of quid or might have a small extension from another kit/tool box

but reckon it "might" just about be long enough as the driver seems a longer than the one in my set

(alas that one atm just doesn't quite fit but wtf I'm ordering a set anyway)

buy that kit I just edited if you ain't sure

you will have hex/allen key and also torx - god damn torx bits

so if that driver is long enough - which it should be unless you are really really unlucky to need an extension

it should do proud for almost any work on your gun

Many Thanks , i do have a screw driver with an extension bit, but only have several bits, will order asap, thanks!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.