JG G3SG1 Battery

Phisty

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

I've recently picked up a second-hand JG G3SG1 minus the battery. The chap I got it from had only test fired it using the previous owners battery when he brought it and never got round to getting another battery.

I am fairly new to this sport and am currently lost trying to buy a suitable battery for it and figured this forum would be the best place to come for help.

I know the rifle originally comes with a 8.4v 1500mah large battery pack but one of the previous owners of my rifle re-wired it to a Deans connector. Would a similar battery to the original and a deans converter lead work? Am I better off picking up a new LiPo/LiFe battery and charger?

I just don't know, any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

• Supporters

7.4v lipo or 9.9v life is your options

looks like a large chunky 8.4v nimah was in there so you should get a nice capacity in there

My advice is to suss out exact dimensions of a sort, heck make up a cardboard device that fits inside

then take off say 5mm off each dimension and that should be your absolute max dimension to look out for

fleabay, component shop or hobbyking are some of your options

it should be quite cost effective as the "block" batteries in 7.4v lipo's are often much cheaper than crane/nunchuk airsoft batteries

Turnigy Zippy Vapex all good names to look out for

reckon around £20 to £25 will get you a mofo battery and charger - might even get 2 mofo batteries perhaps

reckon 7.4v & 25c rating would see ya right

Life batteries are a bit more juice but limited range compared to shed loads of lipo's out there

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.