How to make an integrally suppressed airsoft gun?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've always liked the style of an integrally suppressed weapon, and I've decided that I would like to adapt the style to an airsoft gun. I've seen quite a few guns which are built like that, but I've got a G&G CM16 rifle (I've had it for a while now). I was hoping that somebody could walk me through the process of making an integrally suppressed gun, and help me out with what components I need to do so.

If you know anything about it, then please do send me a message.

Guest RektnNekt

Funnily enough, I too have a CM16 and want to achieve the same look. From researching it for a bit, your easiest bet would be to buy a freefloat rail (an open end which is big enough for a suppressor), and get something like a CQB barrel (which will stay inside the freefloat). So, your freefloat will be longer than your outer barrel (don't have a really short inner barrel though, have the inner barrel match the length of the outerbarrel + suppressor).

Then, just attach the desired suppressor to your outerbarrel. This means your suppressor will start from inside of the freefloat, making it look integrally suppressed. You can play around with the idea. For example, get a really short outer barrel, but a really long suppressor (some suppressors can reach up to 330mm, but the longest length on average would be about 260mm). Or a moderate outer and a moderate suppressor. Just depends how far you want your suppressor to start in your freefloat.

Good luck

Guest RektnNekt

I will be making mine once my money from PayPal is released in 4 days :) Will possibly make a thread as a guide

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.