plate carrier for a tiny dude

shortman

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Basically building up on some bits atm. I want a plate carrier and have been looking at the warrior ricas compact or the dcs.

Im only 5'3" and 11stone so not skinny but not exactly a big guy atal. I prefer the look of the ricas compact but im sure i read its quite a big rig?

Also will mid cap 120rd m4 mags fit best in the da5.56 or dcs gc36 mag pouches? Not keen on the m4 flappy pouches.

Cheers guys

Cool thats one thing cleared up, thanks buddy.

Any opinions on rig choice/sizes? Ill be ordering over next few days.

I bought a WAS DCS plate carrier in OD a while back. It's great and very lightweight! I also got 3 fast mag pouches with it which accommodate M4 mags perfectly and the pouches are adjustable for width of the magazine anyway. However, I find the DCS to be fairly small though (even for quite a small/thin guy such as myself) :P. Nevertheless, I'd highly recommend it as WAS products are amaaaazing quality! As for the Ricas compact I don't have any input, but I'm sure someone else on the forum has had experience with it. From UK Tactical it's slightly more expensive than the DCS if I remember correctly. Hope this helped. :)

It has indeed thanks mate, im leaning more to the ricas tbh. Which is the one i like more. Ill wait and see if anyone has a negative points towards it on size etc and if not i think ill order one early part of the week :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.