Battery question

Jack Reacher

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The batt has more discharge so it gives you a more responsive weapon but anyway what gun are you using

• Supporters

What differences does the voltage of a battery make to a aegs performance ie if a 11v lipo is reccomended & you use a 9.4 lipo will there be much difference.cheers Jack

11.1v should only be used if the gun can really take it & has a mosfet to avoid contacts on switch arcing or burning out

(really depends on each gun or setup)

Most guns "should" be ok with up to 9.9v LiFe batteries - but would reckon that 11.1v LiPo still needs a bit of caution

9.9v LiFe batteries have a very limited size or range options compared to loads & loads of LiPo shapes & sizes/capacities

Many tend to stick to say just under 10v using 7.4v LiPo or the old school Nimah's

Old school multiple 1.2v cell Nimah's come in 7.2, 8.4, 9.6, 10.8, 12v options etc so a little unsure where the figure 9.4 lipo comes from

presume you mean 7.4v Lipo ?????

On average if a gun shoots @ say 14rps on 7.4v

then you can expect/assume it will shoot 50% faster on 11.1v = 21rps aprox

(well yeah you now got 3 x 3.7v cells instead of 2 x 3.7v cells)

me personally I tend to avoid 11.1v unless I really want to and know the gun can handle it

even then - the faster a gun fires the more likely it is gonna be prone to wear/heat up etc......

Guest PT247

that gun is designed to run on 11.1v LiPos, It has electronic wizardry for battery protection, it will run on lower power but I recommend sticking with 11.1v

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.