WE m4 CO2 mag fps problem

moonmoose

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Iv recently got a RA-Tech level 3 WE Scar. (not my first GBBR but first time using co2 mags)

Everything was tested in my garage which has been open most of the morning and all equipment was left for a few hours to get to the temperature of the day to simulate a game day as much as possible, Shade, no heat/sunlight, no pre warming things like that.

Green gas mags on a .2g iv set at 340fps first shot on average, weather conditions obviously will change that from time to time, then it comes down to about 330ish and then drops as usual blah blah.

I researched the co2 mags and I know they will put out a higher fps - so I knew id have to adjust when using. People said they found a 30-40fps increase from green gas. I thought that's fine I have NPAS so I can lower that easy. None of my many hours searching reviews and such said much difference about the fps increase. And all cases they were lowered with NPAS.

Popped in a 2.g so I could set the NPAS to 340fps for the new co2 output. I adjusted the NPAS all the way out as much as possible so I could start low and tweek it up but it shot 410fps and bearly dropped below 380fps through the whole mag. The NPAS is so far out I don't know how its getting gas to the bb...

so I tweeked it half way in case id lowered it too much and it was shooting 460fps (as expected..tho not that high)

Put in 3.g bb which I was planning to use and it was 390fps. adjusted the NPAS every few shots, to pretty much all the way out(again) and it was sitting at 340fps. The fps didn't drop within limits on a .3g until I had fired the whole mag and reloaded which then had enough gas for about 6 shots. And the recoil (as expected) pretty much bruised my shoulder with practically all the gas going back.

The Green gas mag on the all the way out setting on a .2g was at about 270fps first few shots (expected)

Am I a bell-end and missing something ridiculously obvious? Is there adjustment on the Mag valve?

Many thanks

Scott

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.