cm rk47 battery fitting

skeeter

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, I eventually took the plunge and invested in a CM RK47. Looks ok so far all the bits are there.

BUT I cannot for the life of me get the damned battery hatch off. It is proper stiff. To the point where I can hardly get it to move.

Any RK owners have any advice?

My gun is the fake wood version with removable (??hopefully! !) Butt plate.

cheers.

Grip the AK between your knees, with the barrel pointing down with the magazine (bottom of the rifle) facing away from you, cup the rear stock with your hands so that both thumbs are right over the top edge of the butt plate, then push the butt plate away from you. Doing it like that means you can push the butt plate away from you with both thumbs, whilst your fingers hold the stock still. That should give you enough strength in your thumbs to slide the butt plate off (it is stiff).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.