Stiff trigger help!

Tonys1221
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My M4A1 hasn't been shot since the last game day which was at the end of October, went to shoot it today in the garden and the trigger is hard to pull, very unresponsive and one in about ten shots will not fire until the next pull of the trigger. Any ideas on how to fix this or what the problem is? The gun is completely standard, the gear box has never been opened.

trigger is hard to pull => There must be something wrong (A jam of some kind inside the trigger mechanisem)...

very unresponsive => This can be because the trigger contacts as just barely touching eachothers because of the jam ....

Nothing can be concluded for sure .... I don't thing you can fix it without having to open the gun (And maby also open the gearbox) ...

sounds to me like corrosion. If you put it away wet or dirty and left it for 3 months. My bet is that the trigger is corroded.

Archived