Upgrading battery, 8.4 - 9.6

niceone60
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys i have a d-boys m4 s-system and it came with a 8.4 and i brought a extra, but was wondering if i am able to upgrade to a 9.6 without harming the gun, there is plenty of space to put the battery so that's not a worry, Also im not quite sure of the advantages of having a bigger battery, apart from lasting longer, if there is any other advantages/disadvantages could you please shed some light, thanks very much and sorry for my noobie-ness.

• Supporters

more voltage won't make the battery last longer, but it will make the gun cycle faster (more volts = faster motor spin).

you could upgrade the batteries you have now by simply adding another cell onto the side which only has 3 at the moment, but it involves soldering and taking the whole thing to bits, as well as finding a new cell exactly the same as the ones that are already in there.

my advice, sell/return the 8.4v batteries and buy a 9.6 instead... or just buy a 7.2v LiPo, you'll get about the same performance gain.

Archived