ICS-M4A1 Technical Specifications

Rolo Rolo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys, I need some help working out what I've got as stock in my ICS M4 (Sportline, clear plastic, full stock ICS-42W). Does anyone have a link to the specs? I have the ICS sales blurb, but I'm trying to find out more detailed information. Is there a detail-rich source of technical information for AEGs?

For example, ICS say my M4 barrel length is 375mm, but not what the bore is. Furthermore, I don't know if what I see as a reasonable upgrade barrel (most likely a 6.03mm Madbull 363mm) would be suitable. For all I know the answer could be "Yeah, not problem. it's only 12mm shorter!" or "No, you'll need to buy a longer one and either cut it down or hide the extra length." or "No way, you'll need a custom 375mm barrel!".

Likewise the spring: The gun is rated at around 290-320 fps, but I've no idea what spring is fitted in there. I like the idea of upgrading the spring, but maybe I don't need to as the tightbore would give me what I want. (<=350fps). That said, as springs cost peanuts and the ICS has a split gearbox, it would be fun to see how the gun performed with a beefy spring in. But is it a custom size and fit? No idea!

Reliability: The gears are metal, but that's about as much as I know. I know upgraded gears are available, but I'm not sure exactly what the specs of the gears are that I have, or that I could use.

The motor: Actually a bit of research has given me the specs on this. 26k6 RPM @ 9.6v and 2k7 G.cm. (Whatever the a G.cm is in the real world.) It is claimed it can pull upto M180. My suspiscion is that other components in the M4 would fail in pretty short order after fitting an M180 without other mods, but I have no evidence to support that other than my engineering cynicism.

And this is before I've started worrying about the hop-up, which I've read on AF-UK is a custom ICS unit and not particularly compatible with other makes. To noobs like me it seems a rather dull and fiddly piece of kit, but I keep reading that it's important, so I need to know what I've got and what can be done to improve it. Assuming that is, I need to.

I'm not coming to this not having put any effort in myself, I've read Airsoft Obsessed and it's helpful in that it gave me an indication of just how complicated things CAN be, but I'm pretty sure things aren't as baffling as that site makes it appear. Any suggestions as to where would be a good place to learn online would be helpful.

Sorry to write an essay about it, but at least you know what I'm after. :)

i can help you out on the barrel length issue the quoted length will be outer barrel length your inner barrel will be a 363mm ( standard m4 length) i would imagine its either 6.05 or 6.04mm in bore but swapping it out with a madbull 6.03 wont be an issue.

as for springs sounds like a m90 spring as for the split gear box its basically the same as a standard version 2 the only difference being the top section housing the spring piston etc can be swapped out without having to remove the motor/pistol grip like on say a g&g cm16 your safest bet on testing a beefy spring would be to build a new upper section i.e piston spring cylinder tappet plate etc that way if the stronger spring takes u over 350 ( im guessing thats your local sight limit you can swap it out to the stock top half and be ready to play in less than 5 mins.

also you wont void the warrenty by opening the original gear box to swap the springs.

heres a vid of a guy who builds a new hop for his ics sportline

and im affraid thats all i can help with youtube is handy for bits and bobs but if in doubt email a professional

i can help you out on the barrel length issue the quoted length will be outer barrel length your inner barrel will be a 363mm ( standard m4 length) i would imagine its either 6.05 or 6.04mm in bore but swapping it out with a madbull 6.03 wont be an issue.

as for springs sounds like a m90 spring as for the split gear box its basically the same as a standard version 2 the only difference being the top section housing the spring piston etc can be swapped out without having to remove the motor/pistol grip like on say a g&g cm16 your safest bet on testing a beefy spring would be to build a new upper section i.e piston spring cylinder tappet plate etc that way if the stronger spring takes u over 350 ( im guessing thats your local sight limit you can swap it out to the stock top half and be ready to play in less than 5 mins.

also you wont void the warrenty by opening the original gear box to swap the springs.

heres a vid of a guy who builds a new hop for his ics sportline

and im affraid thats all i can help with youtube is handy for bits and bobs but if in doubt email a professional

That's really helpful, thank you! :)

The more I find out about Airsofting, the more I realise I don't know. Although I have so far learned all I ever need to know about charging NiMh batteries, so that's a start. ;)

yeh i am still like that and i have been playing near 6 months its insane how much there is to learn.

oh and as far as the madbull black python barrels go i got mine today and have fitted it with a madbull accelerator bucking and h-nub not sure how much it has improved my fps by but my 10 round groupings are about 2-3cm tighter over 30m with no fly away bb's.

yeh i am still like that and i have been playing near 6 months its insane how much there is to learn.

oh and as far as the madbull black python barrels go i got mine today and have fitted it with a madbull accelerator bucking and h-nub not sure how much it has improved my fps by but my 10 round groupings are about 2-3cm tighter over 30m with no fly away bb's.

I'll look into that, thanks for the info. :)

Archived