Unknown Camouflage

The Dauphin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi

I have seen this smock for sale but do not known the pattern. It has a hood and also fastens between the legs like some of the para smocks. It is for sale at £35.00 and I dont know whether it is worth getting.

I have taken a pic of the label and it is dated 1959

Any help would be appreciated.

unknownsmockcam.jpg

unknownsmock2cam.jpg

german style dot cammo and early ww2 style pockets, quick google helped and got me this photo but a quick further look into it and its austrian, so close!

5-27-11austcmos001.jpg

they are from 58-64 so possibly one of those. so for 35 quid i'd go for it

you do seem to find some unusual cammo mate i'll give you that

Just finished researching it and it there were 2 smocks one designed in 58 and one in 59 and both slightly different. This is the 59 Pattern and was manufactured based on the old SS pattern due to the build up of soviet forces on the border and was for a small select group of soldiers trained should this happen. I believe this pattern of smock was only made in 59/60 and is quite rare.

May be worth buying lol

yeah, quite like my old stuff and havent come across any of that before and couldnt find any for sale under that price so i'd go for it, if you decide to sell it again could probably get a decent amount for it.

are you just having it for collection or looking at a loadout with a set of the stuff?

yeah, quite like my old stuff and havent come across any of that before and couldnt find any for sale under that price so i'd go for it, if you decide to sell it again could probably get a decent amount for it.

are you just having it for collection or looking at a loadout with a set of the stuff?

To be fair it would just end up sitting in my wardrobe with the tons of other uniform I have. I may buy it and sell it on to a collector.

Archived