What upgrade ideas for cyma m14 socom DMR project

Trustno1
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What upgrade ideas for cyma m14 socom DMR project

Right then looking at getting a cyma m14 socom.

Getting back into the sport again and after a few rentals worked out my playing style DMR based.

What internal upgrades would YOU go for?

The main aim is range with decent groupings, fps 350-360max not to bothered about ROF as i'd be on semi most of the time.

Reading up about tighbores and can't make my mind up on either 6.01 or 6.03? Will prob be using high quality 0.28g bb's will this be ok @ 350fps or should I be looking at 0.25g?

Head that this aeg doesn't have a thread thus unable to fit a silencer? (for looks)

And finally what scope would work best for this gun out on the field?

Thanks in advance!!

if your looking to add a silencer why not go for the full lenght m14 in black then remove the flash hider and front iorn sight and fit a mock silencer over the outer barrel would give you near as dam it the same kinda look while improveing accuracy due to the longer barrel length

as for barrels i wouldnt have the first clue when it comes to internals as im new to the sport myself

as for scopes you could do the holo with a quick release magnifier ( eotech make one) or a 3x rifle scope personelly i would opt for the first set up as it allows you to swap rapidly between magnification incase someone gets up close and it looks sick

if your looking to add a silencer why not go for the full lenght m14 in black then remove the flash hider and front iorn sight and fit a mock silencer over the outer barrel would give you near as dam it the same kinda look while improveing accuracy due to the longer barrel length

In my old WE M9 had a barrel less than 2 inches long. Still was stupidly accurate and ranged.

In airsoft, barrel length does verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry little.

Although, the socom version of the M14 looks like poo for a DMR. Get the full length version!

As for upgrades, OP, first assess the simple things:

• Barrel
  • Hop unit
  • Hop rubber

As for the barrel, a 6.01 is a VERY tight barrel. Theoretically EVERY BB should fit through the barrel, but you do occasionally get an odd one (ZeroOne BBs are well known for "square" bbs... although I have never had an issue...)

I would recommend a simple 6.03mm Barrel. Get a Madbull Black Python Ver.2 6.03mm barrel x(length of current barrel)

Now, CYMA are a clone of TM. TM hop unit's are teh bestest out of the box! I would recommend you get hold of one for your CYMA M14... or buy a TM base rifle! Or you can look at other aftermarket hop units.

Now you have the hop rubber. These are very cheap, ranging from about £5-£10 posted from anywhere in the world! TM also make very good hop rubbers but in my experience, they break quite quickly, especially at high FPS.

I would strongly recommend you try to find a FireFly Red Hop rubber. I have used them in lots of AEGs and they have given me beautiful performance!

Also, you aim to keep it at mid 300's fps? This is fine, it is easy to upgrade.

However, if you desire to have a high 425fps semiauto-only M14, this is easy to achieve, with a few more modifications:

The chinese guns are usually quite hot at 380fps so their gears should be able to cope at that fps, but if not or you aren't sure swap them for some SHS 18:1 gears (I used in my SR25 DMR project).

Then you want a spring that will take your FPS up to about 420-430. I recommend a Guarder Sp120 (which I also used in my SR25) however there are other makes. WARNING: ALL MAKES OF SPRINGS HAVE THEIR OWN GRADING CHARTS. E.g. A SYSTEMA M120 WILL NOT GIVE THE SAME FPS READING AS A GUARDER Sp120!

Then you might want to get yourself a harder hop rubber to apply more spin on these higher fps BBs. :)

That's my 2pence... Hope it helps!

cheers for the correction grounded i was basing my experiance on real steel rifles,

i read somewhere about rifled barrels for airsoft?

Archived