ASCU V1

nicholas-c
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys, This is on my mates behalf but since I will probably end up doing the work I will ask.

He has a gun he bought off someone which has the ASCU V1 in it and since he has had it it has started acting differently.

When he got it Semi-auto was just slightly past the actual semi-auto point, 3 round burst was between semi and auto and auto was auto.

Now just past semi-auto is single shot and full auto is 3 round burst and nothing more.

I think the data connector is dodgy, if not then the selector plate is playing up but since he got overcharged for it (a £450 SRC 416 with upgraded gears, custom battery and ASCU) he is reluctant to let me touch it (even though I have upgraded/repaired 8 different guns with only 2 to break after (my first two repairs))

Any suggestions?

it shouldn't be doing any of that, the V 1 ASCU (i have no knowledge on the V 2, i have had the V 1 since release) should be a case of on semi it fires semi only, but on auto, if you tap the trigger it fires a 3rd burst, holding it full auto.

I would recommend replacing the selector plate as it seems to have warped, on my M16 it used to be a case of you had to go from safe to auto then back to semi to get it fire, it turned out to be a slight crack in the plate.

If there is a problem with the actual wiring it might be possible to re solder (i would not recommend though).

Also in the instruction manual for the ASCU, it stresses to leave a battery after charging for an hour before plugging it in, something about the intitial resistance/voltage/ampage being too high and messing with the control unit.

I'll find my manual and scan the troubleshooting page tomorrow night (if i remember)

hope this helps

geoff

Archived