Classic army m15a4 problems

Codey17
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Right. a little history of the gun. it was bought by a mate 5 or 6 years ago. he used it a few times then found out airsoft was not for him. 4 years down the line its sat in his atic in its box. i mentioned to him i was wanting to get into airsoft so he gave me it. all i have done to it is oil it and its worked fine. Up untill now. now i know the batteries are working fine and the motor is working fine as i tested them on my mates. however i beilve its something in between the batterie and the motor. IE the fire selector switch or the trigger. now what i want to know is how easy is it to take apart. i have worked on cars and thing previously but dont want to go jumping into this head first. so if theres a good link to a guide or a video, or you guys can give me any good advie it would be much apreciated.

being CA, guess its corroded contacts, (only thing to go on mine), if so its gearbox out and apart, loads of vids showing how to strip a V2 box, only few screws and a pin to drop box out, and easier to check then

being CA, guess its corroded contacts, (only thing to go on mine), if so its gearbox out and apart, loads of vids showing how to strip a V2 box, only few screws and a pin to drop box out, and easier to check then

ok how easy is it to replace or can i sand down the contacts to get back to the metal?

Archived