New CQB Site in Kent

I’m down for a game, as soon as there is news put me in a mention, will be happy to have a little forum meet up!!

 
I'm up for another AFUK meet up. I'll be driving so if anyone would like a ride I'm coming down from Hemel Hempstead way. 

 
If it's in December or after then I am as well. 

 
Glad to see everyone is still keen,

I'll update you all here with a bit more info then facebook

We've negotiated a time frame which is November 11th however! This could easily go past that as they have asked for more money. Thankfully not to much however we are re-negotiating the price and as soon as that has been accepted we will be in. This is for Hextable! Sheppey site will be available now at the same time as Sheppey..

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see everyone is still keen,

I'll update you all here with a bit more info then facebook

We've negotiated a time frame which is November 11th however! This could easily go past that as they have asked for more money. Thankfully not to much however we are re-negotiating the price and as soon as that has been accepted we will be in. This is for Hextable! Sheppey site will be available now at the same time as Sheppey..


There is a big lack of CQB, especially in the south East since The Mall closed its doors, Zed said they were trying their hardest to find and reopen another CQB site but nothing has materialised yet so we are all keen for some room clearance!!

 
Glad to see everyone is still keen,

I'll update you all here with a bit more info then facebook

We've negotiated a time frame which is November 11th however! This could easily go past that as they have asked for more money. Thankfully not to much however we are re-negotiating the price and as soon as that has been accepted we will be in. This is for Hextable! Sheppey site will be available now at the same time as Sheppey..


Push it to December the 1st....... I dont want to miss out :P

 
We're pushing for it for as quickly as possible.

In final negotiations now with our solicitors for Hextable! Its looking real good ;)

 
I will post it here first... in Short. Hextable wont happen until January. This is all because of a section 77 that is unique to schools. So we have changed tactic and are going for a few hospitals we have had made available to us in the Kent area (Dartford / gravesend and Maidstone). Everyone is now getting a refund and we will open up bookings when we got a confirmed date.
 

Hi everyone, thanks for being patient.

Unfortunately the landowners of Hextable school have put a delay on our contract until January next year.


We feel that we owe you an explanation as you’ve all been understanding and patient with us, and we’re able to share the reasons for the long delays now.

‘Section 77’ is how Councils dispose of old schools, making them available for other uses.  The Brexit saga peaked just as the Hextable schools S77 was submitted to the Government, causing the long delays and unpredictable waiting times we’ve been experiencing.

The Land Owners have apologised to us, and if permitted we will share the body of text with you to be as transparent as we can.

We will also be contacting everyone with an existing reservation via the email address you provided with further information.

While we wait for the Hextable site and keep chasing it (it's still happening), we’re actively pursuing other great indoor sites such as old hospitals in the Kent region, and we’re in talks with the LandOwners to start using them (these other sites don’t have the Section 77 issue as it only applies to old schools)


 
Last edited by a moderator:
Gutted for you mate, especially considering how much time and money you’ve invested so far. Is sheppey in a similar situation? 


Its okay. Like we said its not... not going to happen its just a long process. We're nearly 15,000 in the hole but we should recop that when we finally get the site.

The good news is the section 77 holds are only for school sites. It wont apply to the warehouses & hospitals we are looking at. First one being this Tuesday. But with time scales now things wont happen to the new year..

 
January. The Month of family birthdays. I'll try and find a sober Sunday! ?

 
I've just been refunded so I assume the handbrake is firmly on now then. Damn it!

 
Back
Top