Clockwise to ccw theard tracer issues

Shaun Haynes
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Due to hopefully  get a new ares (stubbym4 ) cqb rifle next month.    Typically I'm to do it after I've just brought a tracer for my cm16. 

The ares  has a cw  barrel thread   the cm16 is ccw  and I can't find any  cw tracer unit I've found an adapter made my madbull anyone uses one before and can anyone vouch for it 

I’ve used a bunch of adapters, madbull are fine, Lees Precision Engineering are also fine.

The issue is tightening up, you really need to thread lok one part, as doing up one indies the other unfortunately 

Guest scalawag

Yeah I have used several pistol adaptors.  Definitely need the thread lock on one side or other of the adapter as rocketdogbert said (I usually go for the suppressor/tracer side).  

If you don't do it then when you screw it onto the barrel you will just get to the point where the thread starts to tighten and the opposite thread will start to unwind.

Guest scalawag

Thread lock is like a sort of glue you put on the threads to lock it in place.  It will lock the threads tight after it is set, but can still be removed if it ever needs to be.  I use the loctite version:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LOCTITE-1960969-Strength-Thread-Locker/dp/B00DVHAAV8/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1518710071&sr=8-4&keywords=threadlock+blue

Archived