Batteries for Legacy VFC MCX?

Gryph

Afternoon all,

I've recently picked up a Legacy MCX with the short keymod handguard. Does anyone know what size LiPos are best for this? Previous owner was running a mock PEQ, but I'd prefer to have the battery inside the handguard as God VFC intended.

The stick battery I've been using in the buffertube of my L119 doesn't fit too well so it's likely got to be some other shape (Or I just have a fat stick battery)

Cheers in advance,

Gryph

I use mock PEQ-15 battery box using this PEQ sized battery (before I switched to deans) as a means to fit a battery. It’s unfortunate that the handguard have very little battery space.  Also PTS EPM mags work super well with the MCX if you’re worried about mag compatibility. They are a bit pricey but they are genuinely the best mags on the market 👌

On 24/07/2024 at 16:36, Sewdhull said:

1Ah 11.1v lipo are slimmer than a stick using 18650 cells for example. Hobbyking have dimensions listed for their cells.

I'll have to look into them, I think the main issue I've come into is that the handguard I have has fuck all space compared to the new MCX they're selling with the MLOK handguard.

On 01/08/2024 at 16:19, GON02 said:

I use mock PEQ-15 battery box using this PEQ sized battery (before I switched to deans) as a means to fit a battery. It’s unfortunate that the handguard have very little battery space.  Also PTS EPM mags work super well with the MCX if you’re worried about mag compatibility. They are a bit pricey but they are genuinely the best mags on the market 👌

I did previously have a PEQ box on there but I prefer having my DBAL on there for that CT clone correct look. I've swapped back to it for now so I can field the RIF but I may have to look at getting a new handguard that fits a battery in it!

The chap I bought this off included 5 EPM mags with it so I've got plenty of mags that work with it thankfully! I can definitely attest for them being the best mags I've used. I was using Ares Pmags before which look great but they sometimes just decide to fall out of my RIF if I don't push them in hard enough!