HPA conversion - DE UTR45

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Afternoon

So I’ve had a gun come my way (fk why) which has been converted to HPA. It’s using a Titan Bluetooth2 trig unit and a Pulsar-S open bolt HPA engine. 
When you fire it the bb dribbles out the barrel (after you tilt it forward). When I put my finger on the barrel as I pull the trigger the airflow felt weak. Turned up the flow on reg not much changed. 
I changed the timings on the main valve(db) from 5ms up in increments of 5ms to 25ms and nothing changed. 
It’s not the Pulsar S with a purple nozzle it has the silver/beige noz. 

I read that it could be a problem with the feed lips. I did a quick check to see what the resistance was like by dropping a bb in and pushing it through. Tbh there wasn’t much there. I did the same with a spare hop I had which had a maple leaf bucking and there was a difference. I’ve swapped the hop and bucking over. I now have excellent air flow coming out per shot but now no bb is coming through the hop. 

I was wondering if the maple leaf lips were a fraction to long as I’ve had this before on an aeg I tweaked. 

anyone ever done any similar works that could guide me ?

1 hour ago, JVacation said:

@Pollynator_bravo2 - The maple leafs are too long for the DE hop unit. You can probably shave the bottom lip a little bit though which should resolve it.

Epic I’ll give it a go

Just take it nice and slow. Will be the opposite side to the patch. Keep testing it by putting it back in the hop unit and dropping a bb down the feeding tube. As soon as it passes with no resistance you are good.

Worked great thanks 🙏 

Need to find a mid cap now with a good spring

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.