Rapax M5 Advice

Masterosouffle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Question for those with a Rapax (or Ares) if I can, what spring are you using for what joule? 
Currently I am running an M130, and achieving 1.8j - which I believe is about right - originally I was losing a lot of air through a bad seal, which is hopefully rectified - the concern being that a poor air seal would require a more powerful spring and therefore more stress on the gun. 
The concern I am having is I keep being warned or hearing of issues with the gearbox casing cracking, and that I should run at a lower power in order to prolong the life of the gun. Obviously I would rather not do that as it's an awful lot of money to make such a compromise, and the site I play at is huge and very often windy so the extra power is not something I would give up lightly, however, if I am sitting on a time bomb then I will have to drop down.
Thoughts and experiences if you don't mind.
Cheers

PXL_20220806_081034675~3.jpg

Just to add, I had been experiencing misfeeds, and noticed the lips of the maple leaf bucking which had been fitted recently were protruding into the feed chamber, I cut them back (badly), and the fees issue seems to be resolved, however I now have an increase in power - the opposite of what I was expecting, with 350fps over 2j with the M130. Have ordered a new bucking to cut down cleaner, but I can't understand where the increase in power has come from 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.