Tight air nozzle problem

Guest Rupert Karim

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest Rupert Karim

Hi guys, just finished a build and it’s fine all except the air nozzle is very tight. It’s so tight that the tappet spring won’t bring it all the way forward and also there’s nothing hindering the movement of the tappet plate itself and everything has an appropriate amount of lubrication. I don’t know if I could possibly shorten the spring to supposedly make it stronger??  
Any help is appreciated.

25 minutes ago, Rupert Karim said:

Hi guys, just finished a build and it’s fine all except the air nozzle is very tight. It’s so tight that the tappet spring won’t bring it all the way forward and also there’s nothing hindering the movement of the tappet plate itself and everything has an appropriate amount of lubrication. I don’t know if I could possibly shorten the spring to supposedly make it stronger??  
Any help is appreciated.

Time to start buying different nozzles to see what is a better fit for the Cylinder head. Tightening a spring just hides the issue and guaranteed will rear it's head once the spring loosens again. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.