G&P Mk18 SBR feeding issues

Maverick777
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there,

Hoping somebody can help me out with this as I've ran out of things to try.

My MK18 is misfiring on semi every 5 or 6 shots. Won't feed well on full auto either.

Its not the mags or the hop up.

I have a SHS cylinder head, SHS ported cylinder and SHS air nozzle fitted. I tried fitting a SHS tappet plate, but found that the standard G&P one worked better and was more durable. The AOE has also been corrected.

I have the stock M100 motor and the stock G&P linear M100 rated spring.

I tried putting a non linear prometheus M90 spring in and that made it worse, plus I was getting terrible overspin, so I refitted the G&P M100. I still get overspin, but not as bad.

I can't put a stiffer spring into it as I'm nearly at the maximum fps I'm allowed with the M100.

So does anyone have any ides as to what I could do rectify the problem?

I read somewhere that if i put a higher torque motor in, it will stop the overspin as the strong magnets will slow the gears down quicker when the power is cut?

It did seem to run fine when it was stock, but the air seal and AOE was horrendous in the stock setup.

Just reading some of the other threads here, I think that my SHS air nozzle might be the issue. I've a suspicion that the G&P air nozzle will feed better.

Archived