G&G Raider-L rail compatibility

Fudge00
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello, my name doesn't matter but you can call me Fudge.

I'm not from the UK but reading through the rules there doesn't seem to be a rule stating you need to be from the UK, and this was the first airsoft forum that came up on Google, so I decided to give it a shot.

I own a G&G CM16 Raider-L and despite being very happy with it over this last year, I don't like the rail, it's plastic and loose and doesn't look too good.

The first problem with replacing it is the outer barrel. In the Raider the front triangle sight is a part of the second stage of the outer barrel, it can't be removed. Therefore, a rail longer than the vanilla one wouldn't fit without a new outer barrel or modification to the vanilla one. Since I already have a saw for metal laying around, I decided to cut off the sight by the gas block in order to be able to fit an aftermarket rail. I'll be doing that as soon as my new saw arrives.

With the first problem out of the way, I ran into a second one.

The rail I was looking to purchase was the Nuprol Bocca Series One Rail 12" in Bronze. However, in a review, it was said that the rail wasn't "G&G compatible".

I wanted to know if this was true and if so, what rails were "G&G compatible" and if possible some suggestions. R/airsoft on Reddit yielded no results so I took to online forums.

This is the rail I was looking to buy http://www.nuprolairsoft.eu/index.php/nuprol-58/bocca-rail-system/bocca-series-one-rail-12-6-bronze.html

Thanks in advance.

Archived