Battery question

skyfafir
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Good day, i just need some feedback. As im new to this sport i want to ask:

if a gun has in stock  NiMH

Accumulator voltage: 9,6 V
Accumulator capacitance: 1200 mAh

wich LiPo do i fit in? 7.4V or 11.1V ? and wich are best ipower or Swiss Arms

the only thing i would change are the batteries

7.4v Lipo will get you about the same performance as the 9.6v NiMh, depending on the gun. 11.1v will give a significant performance boost, possibly beyond the guns capabilities, again depending on the make and model.

Fit the largest battery you can, with at least a 25A discharge rating. Unless you have to fit a specific airsoft shaped battery (eg crane stock or buffer tube) then look for batteries from RC suppliers rather than airsoft. They will generally be higher performance and better value. There is plenty of further information on the forum if you search for it. This includes the supporting mods you can do to get the most out of the lipo battery, eg low resistance wiring, connectors and mosfet.

That battery would work, but it's operating fairly close to its limit.

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft/vp-racing-battery-7-4v-2600-mah-25c-lipo-crane-stock-battery.htm#.WQjJOUDTW9c

Something like that would be better. And don't forget you'll need a proper lipo charger, preferably something with a balance function.

44 minutes ago, Hangtight said:

That battery would work, but it's operating fairly close to its limit.

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft/vp-racing-battery-7-4v-2600-mah-25c-lipo-crane-stock-battery.htm#.WQjJOUDTW9c

Something like that would be better. And don't forget you'll need a proper lipo charger, preferably something with a balance function.

So that battery you sugested would be better suited for the stock gun without fuc*ing it up?

Archived