DE M56C

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I thought I'd start with the cons first:

Buffer tube becomes very wobbly

Pistol grip moves away from the trigger guard

Only comes with one shell, very impractical for skirmishing

Can be quite hard to pump, there are three springs

Four BBs would come out of the included speedloader with every push, I took it apart and put it back together again a bit tighter and it now usually pushes out three.

Pros:

Fires three pellets at a time.

Nice weight, lots of metal inside

Pistol grip, stock and buffer tube can be detached

Rubberised feel to the pistol grip and butt plate of stock

FPS around 275 with 0.20s (I use 0.23s) Combined kinetic energy of 2.1 joules

There is a fixed stock version!

Speedloader, sling, cleaning rod and crappy bag of pellets included.

Each shell holds 30 rounds, therefore you have ten shots.

Build quality/construction:

The pump and receiver part are made from ABS plastic. The stock I would guess is also plastic.

Other plastic parts are the trigger guard, iron sights and pistol grip. Don't know what the outer barrel's made from.

The stock adjusting button thing, safety switch, shell door (AKA loading gate), trigger, sling mounts, barrel and magazine tube thing are metal.

But the extremely wobbly pistol grip and buffer tube is a big problem, can be tightened with a large (200mm long) allen screw. I hammered off the right angle end of a shorter allen key and taped it to the end of the cleaning rod so it would fit down. However, even once tightened it will become loose again after about ten minutes.

Performance:

The three seperate barrels ensure a tight spread in close quarters, and heavier ammo should increase the accuracy, albeit with decreased range and velocity, but it is a shotgun after all.

I don't have my own chrono, but I used a Subway cup as a target and after shooting a good one hundred rounds from approximately 5 metres away it was reduced the shreds and shot in half. So for me it's pretty good.

Haven't used in a skirmish because I just use my AEG.

Price/rating/conclusion:

Mine was from justbbguns.co.uk (I'd never buy a RIF or expensive gun from them, but for cheaper guns they are good)

It was £50, but a couple of days after I'd ordered it, they lowered the price to £40! :( Oh well.

I also got two 1000 round bags of Bulldog 0.23G pellets, they were £5.98 altogether.

I'd rate it 3.5/5, because of the wobbly stock and everything. It's great for backyard battles, skirmishing and just target shooting.

For the price, very good and I would reccommend it for all beginners.

Remember to add an extra £10 to your budget though because you will need extra shells, sold in packs of 4 for a tenner.

Alternatively, there is the Double Eagle M58 series (A and B, stock and fixed stock) They're around £30-£35, single shot but also really good quality.

The M58s and the M56s are availible from justbbguns.co.uk and I would also reccommend them from www.patrolbase.co.uk. They also sell the extra shells.

Thanks for reading this review hope you like and please leave a reply/comment thing. I would put this in the review section but there is nothing for spring guns or shotguns

Archived