Woodland Sites in the Midlands

C-Diddy

Members
Joined
May 10, 2020
Messages
711
Reaction score
662
Just after a few pointers from the wider masses.

A group of friends and I are all looking to meet up for our first skirmish together in almost four years. As we are spread across the country, we figured the Midlands would be the fairest place to meet up.

None of us are CQB fans, preferring a bimble in the woods to room clearing. West Midlands Airsoft The Fob was my first thought, but it looks like it's only open on Sundays, and we need a Saturday game.

Can anyone offer any suggestions in this general location? 

Cheers.

 
there's Ace airsoft based in wolverhampton just off the M54 although that is only sundays generally and West midlands airsoft does sometimes open saturdays but they have the cqb site aswell so may affect things

I think there are more but those are the 2 I use

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just after a few pointers from the wider masses.

A group of friends and I are all looking to meet up for our first skirmish together in almost four years. As we are spread across the country, we figured the Midlands would be the fairest place to meet up.

None of us are CQB fans, preferring a bimble in the woods to room clearing. West Midlands Airsoft The Fob was my first thought, but it looks like it's only open on Sundays, and we need a Saturday game.

Can anyone offer any suggestions in this general location? 

Cheers.
Hi, our regular games are on a Sunday but we can offer private games on a Saturday for groups of 10 - 30 at our woodland site if that helps?
We also have a few rentals available too if needed.
We're just off Junction 3 of the M54 near RAF Cosford.
https://aceairsoft.co.uk

 
Hi, our regular games are on a Sunday but we can offer private games on a Saturday for groups of 10 - 30 at our woodland site if that helps?
We also have a few rentals available too if needed.
We're just off Junction 3 of the M54 near RAF Cosford.
https://aceairsoft.co.uk
Thanks for that. Unfortunately there's only 6 of us, and 3v3 just isn't going to work ?

We may decide to play on Sunday and if so I'll give you a shout. 

Thanks again

 
Can recommend the FOB as well as Stormforce who run one 1 sat and 1 sun per month.

 
Matlock Combat Games is a good site, with very friendly staff and players.

 
Warzone near Coventry do a Saturday skirmish game once a month I think. Next one is the 28 Jan...

Also Holy tread revel Batman

Did you get out anywhere @C-Diddy

 


As it turns out, we ended up in Wales as one of the lads lives over that way. He knew a local site owner (can't remember the name but Christ there were some steep hills!) and we had a cracking day at a private game. It was 5 v 5 for the most part, which sounds awful but was actually awesome.

Still going to be looking to get out further afield so appreciate any recommendations. Cheers. 

 
Good news from Special Ops, they're reopening on the 12th Feb!  

It may settle back into the normal pattern of "every other week and alternating between Saturday and Sunday" after that.

 
Good news from Special Ops, they're reopening on the 12th Feb!  

It may settle back into the normal pattern of "every other week and alternating between Saturday and Sunday" after that.


The boy and I will be there, but frustrating as the game days are the other weekends to AWA - was hoping to be able to alternate between the two - not that we will be around after the end of the year.

Not sure what changes they've made, will be interesting to see.

Bet the farmer is pissed LOL.

 
Ive seen lots of great feedback mentioned about Special Ops. I started up Airsoft this year and so my local choice was Skirmish Central. I had fun, but the site felt a bit devoid. 

I'll have to give Special Ops a go. Hopefully the parking is ample as it's definitely not at Skirmish. 

Also just spotted Department CQB and they do weekday evenings. Very handy!!

 
I think most people will agree that the owner and his marshals are probably the key to whether a site is good or not.  I have great trust in Carlos and his guys look after everyone really well, and do their best to nip cheating and bad behaviour in the bud. 

To set expectations... The site itself is mostly woodland with some height variation.  There are two main camps made up of wooden barriers and tents, and a few small structures, there aren't any Instagrammable real planes or tanks on site, but what is there does work!  

Obviously the amount of leaf cover makes all the difference on how it plays, but I've had fun through the year there. 

Parking gets 'interesting' but there seems to be enough space across two parking areas

Hope to see you there sometime!

 
That's brilliant, thank you very much!

I'll definitely try to get down there sometime soon in that case. I am only 20 minutes up the road. 

 
You could also check out gunman airsoft midlands. Ive been going for about 3 years now and cant recommend it enough. The marshal team are proactive and fair. They keep trying new gamemodes and rebuilds of the site to keep things fresh and safe. It can get fairly CQB in the deep summer due to how wild the woods grow but around this time of year is perfect balance of bushes to hide in while having open lanes of fire. 

 
Back
Top