This is probably a little bit of an unfair review as today was the Midlands Airsoft Fair and the games were just taster games. That said I played and what follows are my critiques.
Most of the site was taken up with trade and second hand stalls and made for a day of potentially grabbing some great bargains. Catering was the first thing on my mind though. After a hour in the car I need a cuppa and a bacon and sausage cob (that's what the foreigners in Leicestershire call them)
Catering was spot on.
I enrolled for a 12 noon CQB taster. The organisation seemed a bit lack lustre. I signed up and waited around until game time. I mentioned that I'd read I needed to pay, but this got laughed off and I was told tasters are free, it's not a full day rental. Literally as we were walking to the game I was told I need to go back outside to the canteen to get a hire voucher, for a tenner. Not the end of the world, but frustrating.
Arriving at the safe zone most were wearing eye pro (I say most, because not all were and this is a safe zone right?). The the marshals proceed to chrono the players guns in the safe zone. That done they then tell us to remove all our magazines as they then go through the safety protocols. I'm a bit confused here guys. Is this a safe zone, was this a safe zone or not?
I go out of the safe zone, weapons free and damn it, my loaner isn't feeding. Yes I've wound it and wound it. Pew, pew, pew - no bb
I went to a marshal he tested it and hollared for a new mag, new mag cam, pew, pew, bb's. Ok - on with the game. Several times pew, pew, no bb. Not feeding again
Back to the marshals who say "It's probably your hop up". Erm, "Probably your hop up, this is a loaner
". "Does it fire upside down?", "Guy's you want me to run around with an upside down gun?". Put if full auto it fires, semi, it doesn't.
Couple of Northern guys on the opposing team were awesome
I caught them both dead to rights from behind, pew, pew, no bb
But they both surrendered as we laughed at me firing blanks at them.
So after the recall I gave up on joining in any more and gave back the weapon and went home.
It was a good day and the site looks great. The facilities too. I'll no doubt be back, but only when I've sorted out my own hardware.
Most of the site was taken up with trade and second hand stalls and made for a day of potentially grabbing some great bargains. Catering was the first thing on my mind though. After a hour in the car I need a cuppa and a bacon and sausage cob (that's what the foreigners in Leicestershire call them)
I enrolled for a 12 noon CQB taster. The organisation seemed a bit lack lustre. I signed up and waited around until game time. I mentioned that I'd read I needed to pay, but this got laughed off and I was told tasters are free, it's not a full day rental. Literally as we were walking to the game I was told I need to go back outside to the canteen to get a hire voucher, for a tenner. Not the end of the world, but frustrating.
Arriving at the safe zone most were wearing eye pro (I say most, because not all were and this is a safe zone right?). The the marshals proceed to chrono the players guns in the safe zone. That done they then tell us to remove all our magazines as they then go through the safety protocols. I'm a bit confused here guys. Is this a safe zone, was this a safe zone or not?
I go out of the safe zone, weapons free and damn it, my loaner isn't feeding. Yes I've wound it and wound it. Pew, pew, pew - no bb
Couple of Northern guys on the opposing team were awesome
So after the recall I gave up on joining in any more and gave back the weapon and went home.
It was a good day and the site looks great. The facilities too. I'll no doubt be back, but only when I've sorted out my own hardware.