Silicone Spray

Apart from price, is there any difference between something like this and the ones which are marketed as airsoft specific? (Abbey, Nuprol etc)

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/engine-oils-and-fluids/lubricating-and-penetrating-oil/halfords-silicone-spray-lubricant-500ml-621277.html


If you watch any of Negative Airsofts vids you'll see that very can make an appearance. Personally I use the WD40 specialist sprays but that just because I'm a brand whore with more money than sense.

 
Not noticed a huge difference between the strays, however there's was a big difference in the quality of thicker silicon grease I tried.  Nothing came close to Super Lube silicone grease.  Not sure what they put in it - almost evil stuff!  Probably a little overkill for Airsoft.  

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I did buy 2 x cans of this. As suspected the consistency seems the same and it's certainly far better value at £4 for 500ml compared to £6 for 150ml of the Abbey stuff. My only slight issue with it, is Cassandra's Dad (Only Fools & Horses, dodgy mobile phone scene) would describe it as "A bit urgent"

It rushes out and causes a foamy puddle (don't be filthy!).

 
Back
Top