It's FUGLY. Who the hell would want to live in that? and not everything is worth saving.
I'm sure I could (eventually) find someone to say the same about your favorite whatever, it's a matter of perspective, personally I rather like it, it would make a wonderful factory.
The reason we preserve old building has nothing to do with their aesthetic value, athough this is an example of the architectural linage that gave us buildings like Buckingham palace, battersea power station, and a multitude of others in the "decorative brutality" catergory.
It's doesn't even have to be pretty, it's supposed to be striking, compelling, imposing.
This prison saw the execution of notable prisoners, political dissidents of the revolutionary era, suffragists, abortionists, gays, and the founder of shin fein.
It predates
the police
prisons are not ordinary homes or places of work, things happen in them, interesting people are in them, and every prison, reflects not merely a place to sleep, or east, but a way of life, and a culture, of which otherwise, there is no architectural record.
Well what I read said it was rebuilt in 1840, either way its highly impractical and going backwards and forwards over the housing issue and whether or not we should house families in an old prison is more than slightly off topic

So for that reason im out!!
Extensively rebuilt, but the central stone goal remains largely intact.
But I respect your decision to withdraw from the discussion.