New CQB Site in Kent

In 17 years even with shit mesh I'm yet to come across a single in game incident  where anyone has received any serious or lasting eye damage from a bb breaking on mesh. I've personally had bits go in my eye on over 10 occasions now in those years and continue to wear it based on my personal experience. If they are gonna throw mesh under the bus they better ban non-sealed eye pro too. There has been countless well detailed in game incidents where people have received permanent sight damage due to whole bbs getting in eye pro. Which is even worse when it happens in close quarters, I've seen it happen. 2 people I know have limited sight in one eye because of it .  I don't think anyone should be dictated to whether it be mesh or non-sealed eye-pro.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Likewise, I always carry some decent mesh eye pro on me for game days, my only very small criticism of mesh is obviously vision is a smudge more limited, partly through light transmission but mainly because at 51, I now need glasses for close up such as reading fine print, the downside to this is anything "solid" in front of the eyes, even fine mesh, can cause focus issues for me.

so if I'm indoors in semi dark environments, it's clear or yellow glasses, but with the mesh in my pouch in case misting gets silly, & woodland sites my mesh as my primary eyepro with glasses as back up.

never had anything get past the mesh though, & ive been hit in them more times than I care to admit to ?

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Gutted to hear about no mesh. A 'shatter' (when it does actually happen) is like walking into a cobweb. Agree with heroshark - full seal mesh better then glasses, easily. 

 
Gutted to hear about no mesh. A 'shatter' (when it does actually happen) is like walking into a cobweb. Agree with heroshark - full seal mesh better then glasses, easily. 
No mesh allowed ?

they just lost another customer, I'm old (& ugly) enough to decide what ppe suits me ?

 
I agree no mesh is rediculos I've been playing 9 years and at many cqb sites including  the mall school the barracks some real close encounters and have never had an issues with my hero shark ipro and I have been shot in the ipro many times. I can't wear non mesh as they always steam up within Minutes, I have tried all different types and still no joy

Mr Wilson please consider your ruling on that

 
They’ve updated those since I looked. Bio only is an odd one at an indoor site. Full auto too? ?

 
Tbf there's loads of good bio options now. 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
We're working on the rules. They are NOT set in stone. These rules were just thrown together. We will change them soon after testing.

 
A lot of the team Im in are not put off due to Bio bb's.

And full auto in a CQB is asking for issues. 

Obviously feel free to try it out. But I'd say Full auto out doors, but not inside.

Is the Bio BB only rule due to the site has requested it or a rule you have put in place?

 
Looks very promising, cant wait to give it a go.

Cant see any issues with the rules really, other than full auto indoors is a bit unecessary really. Like everyone else has said, auto outdoors and semi indoors seems like a sensible and non-complicated way of doing it. 

Bios only, fine, bios have come a long way since I started 10 years ago and they were shite back then. Theres plenty of decent bio options now.

< 0.32 only? Fine, again no real reason to be using anything higher than that in CQB either. No you dont need .4s in your sidearm :P  

 
A lot of the team Im in are not put off due to Bio bb's.

And full auto in a CQB is asking for issues. 

Obviously feel free to try it out. But I'd say Full auto out doors, but not inside.

Is the Bio BB only rule due to the site has requested it or a rule you have put in place?




The bio bb was just added for... i dont know why haha

Full auto outdoors and semi indoors - agree on that

 
The bio bb was just added for... i dont know why haha

Full auto outdoors and semi indoors - agree on that


How about these rules

Age: 13+, under 18s must wear full face and have waiver signed by guardian.

BBs: Any weight and any type is allowed

Eyepro: Mesh is allowed but the site has the right to refuse any eyepro it deems unsafe for use on the day. Spare hire masks available on site.

Fire rules: Semi Auto indoors, full auto outdoors

Full auto kept to short bursts.

BFGs: Must stay below waist height and same level use only. No blind releasing. Any player deemed to be using them in an unsafe manner will be asked to put it away for the remainder of the day.

Smoke grenades: Outdoor use only.

No bang rules.

Behaviour: Blind firing or riot shielding is an instant ban. 

No cheat calling.

 
Couldnt agree more with @ImTriggerHappy

If all guns are limited to 350FPS, why limit the weight? You cant 100% police that rule either I would of thought.

 
Back
Top