Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

From his other ads it looks like he's going to be a serial offender in here.

That's over 70% of retail for mags which look like they've seen more action than Bonnie Blue's mattress. Then you've got the part about postage. X plus the number of mags isn't helpful
 
Last edited:
I feel like a lot of people do this.

I personally think PayPal should split it 50/50; both sides benefit from the G+S protections, so both sides should pay for it.

Always puzzled me why folk get so hot and bothered about paypal fees.

If its that big a deal work it out yourself and add it to the list price.

Or even better accept that it is, quite literally, the cost of doing business and compared to the depreciation hit secondhand airsoft stuff has not exactly the end of the world.

E: same goes for postage, its not hard to find out the rates for parcels for uk postage. Ok if you're posting overseas then have that conversation sure but not for the uk.
 
Always puzzled me why folk get so hot and bothered about paypal fees.

If its that big a deal work it out yourself and add it to the list price.

Or even better accept that it is, quite literally, the cost of doing business and compared to the depreciation hit secondhand airsoft stuff has not exactly the end of the world.
100%, that's why I tend to sell on eBay rather than here. Most non-full RIF items sell much closer to RRP on eBay. Sometimes I even make more than what I paid. Not sure why, but people just seem to pay more on eBay. They sell much, much faster too. Still get protections and no fees so win win.
 
Always puzzled me why folk get so hot and bothered about paypal fees.

If its that big a deal work it out yourself and add it to the list price.

Or even better accept that it is, quite literally, the cost of doing business and compared to the depreciation hit secondhand airsoft stuff has not exactly the end of the world.

E: same goes for postage, its not hard to find out the rates for parcels for uk postage. Ok if you're posting overseas then have that conversation sure but not for the uk.

Same here. Even on a payment of hundreds of pounds the fees are tiny in comparison and if sellers are either too lazy or stupid to factor them into a sale then that's their problem. Another way to look at it is that it's like insurance if something goes wrong.

I feel like a lot of people do this.

I personally think PayPal should split it 50/50; both sides benefit from the G+S protections, so both sides should pay for it.

That's never going to happen as adding fees to the listed price is going to put off alot of buyers from using PayPal. Also charging different prices depending on the payment method is a legal minefield at the best of times.

Most non-full RIF items sell much closer to RRP on eBay.
Which is why I don't even bother with eBay for airsoft kit. Some sellers are taking the piss, eg £25 for a Chinese made high cap mag
 
I feel like a lot of people do this.

I personally think PayPal should split it 50/50; both sides benefit from the G+S protections, so both sides should pay for it.
Agreed. It should be split somehow.

Though I think what bothers me the most is that they don’t even appear to have had any interest in airsoft at all other than buying kit and reselling it? Their Reddit has nothing to do with airsoft until they made a post two weeks ago about buying up collections/bundles.
 
From his other ads it looks like he's going to be a serial offender in here.

That's over 70% of retail for mags which look like they've seen more action than Bonnie Blue's mattress. Then you've got the totally unhelpful part about postage. X plus the number of mags isn't helpful

I cringe seeing BBs in the mag. I know the seller said the mags aren't stored but you wonder how long they had been in the mag and then what condition the follower spring is in.
 
Always puzzled me why folk get so hot and bothered about paypal fees.

If its that big a deal work it out yourself and add it to the list price.
I think part of the fuss is the uncertainty of what happens if something goes wrong and it transpires that the seller had explicitly said the buyer pays fees despite it being against the terms of use for the seller. Is Paypal going to compensate whichever party was on the receiving end of what went wrong?

I do agree that a seller should just quietly factor fees into their price.
 
Call me cynical and paranoid, but if a complete stranger specifically wants me to send money in any way I can't get it back if something goes wrong then that makes me think they're not to be trusted.
 
Call me cynical and paranoid, but if a complete stranger specifically wants me to send money in any way I can't get it back if something goes wrong then that makes me think they're not to be trusted.
Nope, that's called being smart, not paranoid or cynical.

I only ever accept PayPal, even if I sell something on Facebook Marketplace and they want to pay cash. I very rarely even allow collections unless it's a huge item. Easy for someone to slip you some fake notes and disappear, never to be seen or heard from again, unless you have a proper testing pen its easily done.

PayPal is just so easy and secure. Protects both sides. Instant withdrawals, its linked to a valid bank on both sides so if someone scamming, they draw it straight from thier account. Easy choice IMO
 
You're being smart and mindful for the minority of bad actors among the majority of people who sell in good faith.

You don't have to worry about the villain twirling his moustache. He's in plain sight and easy to spot. When it comes to the villain who blends himself with those who actually do sell honestly and are ready to put things right if the unfortunate happens, that's where you have to be smart.
 
I think the issue boils down to people wanting all the take and none of the give.

Whether it's pricing their listings too high, or expecting daft discounts on things they're interested in. How many times have you tried to sell something, you get an offer, you say it's less than you want but there is a deal to be made, then they make out your product is shite and worth pennies to begin with. "I didn't want your number anyway" type nonsense.

We're all adults, it shouldn't be too hard to be reasonable both when selling or buying, but still some people make that seem impossible. The Airsoft community has a lot of great people in it, we should treat each other with basic courtesy at least!

*Alexa, play Earth Song by Michael Jackson*
 
Call me cynical and paranoid, but if a complete stranger specifically wants me to send money in any way I can't get it back if something goes wrong then that makes me think they're not to be trusted.

I've never asked for f&f in an ad but it has more often than not been how i've got paid.

Usually when buying i go g+s but work out the fees and send that much, an honest seller shouldnt take issue if they've gotten the agreed price. If they kick off about it being g+s despite getting the full amount then that can be a red flag.

Never had an issue with a private sale on here, which is a better track record than i can give to actual businesses.
 
If others are ok with sending payment via f&f then that's their business but personally I won't take the risk and will always use g&s (actual friends and family excepted). If a seller wants to get pissy over me paying with g&s then frankly they can fuck right off as that should've been made clear in the advert or factored into the price.
 
Ignoring the dreamer price, did the seller fit the CO2 nozzle or had he been running CO2 through the standard nozzle, potentially shagging it like it's Bonnie Blue?
 
Back
Top