Epsom closing down?

RILiON

Members
Joined
Mar 23, 2015
Messages
49
Reaction score
26
So it seems Epsom is closing down as their landlord has gotten planning permission to do something else with the tunnels. It's my closest site and I love cqb so it will be sorely missed. What are your guys thoughts on the other cqb sites in and around London?

 
Holy f*ck !!!!

Where are them tunnel rats gonna go now ???

Any idea when the last game might be coz I would like to get one last game in before it goes.

OK they may not have chrono'd guns much but if ya got good protection - advise full face mask

It really should be experienced

Doubt if many places would come close to it, even other bunkers don't prepare you for such a full on pitch black fire fight down there.

Similar thing happened to TWA urban site at Anerley/Crystal Palace :(

Landlord wanted land back for development and 18 months later still not got a replacement urban site

Was featured & rated as far away as US on YouTube

Sad to see her go, them tunnels must hold a lot of stories even before little bb's started firing off into the darkness

Maybe some good milsim sites around Kent plus Sandpitt or the Mall ????

 
We potentially have anything from 2 weeks plus details are slightly sketchy and although everything isn't set in stone it does appear Epsom will close at some point :(

Seeing as I started there and continue to play there I am sad so if you want to come I'd avise sooner rather than later.

It will prob be a case now of tunnel rats coming to a venue near you soon :)

A couple of us have booked in for the mall on the 6th December

 
Sunday November 29th perhaps then ???

I'll have a check & quick think then

dunno if it will still be around on Dec 13th & onwards

evening games are out as I work shifts :(

 
Last edited by a moderator:
sad this, sites closing :( . Urban Assault is on the old RAF base at Upwood, who knows what one day will happen there, they have already demolished some of it for houses. Waterbeach Barracks has since closed as a base and looking to build 10000 ish homes on....shame, that would make an excellent site for Airsoft, urban and woodland....and some eeer lakes!!!

 
There wont be anywhere left in a few years. Country is massively overpopulated so any available space is being developed.

 
Expect that UCAP Bunker in Portsmouth will be safe for a while, not really a place to redevelop unless they turn it into a WW2 museum. Good site but quite a trip from London for you.

 
Went along once, certainly unique. Got a bit bored of being in pitch dark 95% of the time though, nice to have a bit of that when you wanna sneak around and make things a little more interesting (like the mall basement) but I do like being able to.. you know... see.. when airsofting. Definitely an intense site though.

I'd sure like to know what else they're going to do with it, the lights down there were running on a proper jury-rigged generator system and there's no running water, power plugs or anything else that I could see. In this day and age where we don't have the spare money to be constantly ready to survive the nuclear apocalypse, underground tunnel complexes like that can't be in huge demand.

I like the mall generally and x-site outpost is decent too. UCAP bunker is only 90 minutes and that's from almost-watford (though I've not been just yet). Apart from Red1, the Wolf site and that new place underground in central London I can't say I really know of any other CQB sites. Land's much too valuable in any county that butts up against the M25.

 
TWA found some empty warehouses in woolwich, apparently they'd been empty for years, but the council stonewalled them, supposedly the council wanted £600 for a consultation meeting or something, and they wouldn't get it back if they said no. I think the problem was that TWA had nothing new to say to the council that could make that meeting have a point.

 
Not surprising in the slightest. Wanting potentially useful buildings to sit there slowly rotting for no reason pretty much sums up government organisation in a great analogy.

I'm pretty jealous of players up north really. I've seen videos of various sites up around Liverpool way set in huge old buildings and warehouses. Big old places with huge windows/glass roofs so it's always light, but no matter the weather you can rock whatever gear you like comfortably and get in some good CQB any time of year. There's nothing even vaugely like that near london I'm aware of; closest would be the mall which can be great but I usually find to be over-crowded for the size of the place. Red1 in Watford was pretty damn good when they had access to the old 'science block' but once they lost that the actual square footage went down fucking dramatically (to put it mildly) and the last time I went it was the most absurd 'get in door - die - repeat' sardine fest I have ever experienced. Made that footage of the french forces attempting to swarm the shop door following the Hebdo shootings look positively free-range.

 
TWA found some empty warehouses in woolwich, apparently they'd been empty for years, but the council stonewalled them, supposedly the council wanted £600 for a consultation meeting or something, and they wouldn't get it back if they said no. I think the problem was that TWA had nothing new to say to the council that could make that meeting have a point.
The woolwich council basically asked them for a bribe? Its not the only evidence we have that the woolwich council is corrupt, but if this one is true then it might be the stray that breaks the camels back.

 
The woolwich council basically asked them for a bribe? Its not the only evidence we have that the woolwich council is corrupt, but if this one is true then it might be the stray that breaks the camels back.
No, I believe this is normal practice, its just that, being "airsoft" the organisers had already done all research necessary. Or something like that, but nice try. :P

 
I noticed this on the EAG page. Haven't Combat South got something going on down in Portsmouth?

 
is a shame as the tunnels were a great place to play. hopefully some new sites will emerge in the area now there is a gap in the market

 
So confirmed date is 16th December

Sad times indeed anyone who fancies one last tunnel blast should do so before then :)

 
That's a shame, hopefully i'll get a chance to try the place before it closes.

 
Any advice, earlier post states they don't chrono guns i only ask as i have a G3 which is at 350fps. should i just roll up with 0.20's and hope for best or get 0.23g to take fps down as i noticed that the web site states 330fps for epsom.

Or do i break the gun down and cut the spring then buy a new spring to take it back up to 350.

 
Using 0.23g BB to take the fps down is cheating the site limit (even without chronograph) and potentially means you have a hot gun which risks other players. :(

 
I know its cheating but why are the tunnels 330fps, i watched video's and looks like no close quarters as its dark? what risks to players if its a 350fps gun as it can be used on there other sites

 
I have not played at Epsom but its CQB just like the UCAP Bunker which is very dark/pitch black with confined spaces. The fps limit is for player safety, especially with full auto, getting shot from a few feet away hurts and it could be in your face. In dark tunnels you can easily be on top of other players (very close quarters) without realising. The rules are for a reason, accept it or do not play there.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top