Camp Sparta Site Review

Thanks for that @GeorgePlaysAirsoft.

You can't please everyone I suppose!

I'm a HPA welding wanker who also wears a Kicking Mustang leaf suit so I'm either not taking my hits or cheating the chrono!!

Then on other days im just a cunt in a dye mask and running too fast with a Hi Capa!

I'll give it some more thought and see what the other lads think!

 
Maybe not the answer you were looking for but whatever. I played a game at Camp Sparta, but hosted by Brit Tac. One of the best day's airsofting I ever had. They have a 10 hour "battlesim" coming up next month which may be worth investigating: https://www.brittacevents.com/event-details/op-red-wings-10-hour-event-camp-sparta

You get to play at Camp Sparta (which is absolutely amazing) and I can vouch for the great day Brit Tac put on. You also get a longer day, which takes the sting out of a longer drive (3hrs in my case) I can't vouch for how Camp Sparta actually run things.

Though I have to disagree with the comments made above about smoke inside buildings (I thought it was cool) and people using respirators (fair play, i also consider this to be cool). "don't be a dick" is a nice enough thing to say but not actually a very useful one as clearly people have different ideas about what constitutes being a dick. Hence why its good to have unambiguous rules. In this case, the rules unambiguously allow the use of smokes indoors. So bring your smokes. Bring a respirator if you have one too ;)
@GeorgePlaysAirsoft, smoke is toxic.  Even in the military letting off smokes in buildings will get you your arse handed to you.  Its a dick move.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Surely mil smokes are banned at most sites though?  I'm pretty sure every brief I've heard specifically includes no mil smokes.  EG claim to have non toxic smokes.

 
I've always enjoyed Sparta . Another non-Sparta run game there are the west midlands airsoft gangster city events which are very enjoyable.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sparta as a site is fab.  Sparta when ran on a skirmish day from my experience not so good.  Can't talk re specific events ran there.

 
I was there at a Stirling weekend event in 2019, we really liked the site! Size wise I’d compare it to Urban Assault, with the same kind of buildings and general layout. 
 

The only thing we found was the lack of windows to shoot from, you were essentially forced to fire from doorways only when fighting between and around buildings. Not sure if that’s changed, and I suspect it’s as a measure to keep trespassers out. 

 
Shooting from windows was a bit of sore point when I played Gangsta City.  Default rule for most sites I believe is don't open/close any windows or doors (some sites just windows).  Leave them in the state you find them.  Though I'm sure this was skipped in the brief as they assumed everyone was familiar with general rules.  First mistake.

Then people started abusing windows.  Opening them, shooting from them and then closing.  Then they decided to change the rules mid game that you weren't allowed to shoot from any windows.  Second mistake as that news didn't get around to everyone causing some people to be lit up from windows who hadn't heard about the rule change.  I'm pretty sure the rules changed one more time during the event but I could be wrong.

 
Shooting from windows was a bit of sore point when I played Gangsta City.  Default rule for most sites I believe is don't open/close any windows or doors (some sites just windows).  Leave them in the state you find them.  Though I'm sure this was skipped in the brief as they assumed everyone was familiar with general rules.  First mistake.

Then people started abusing windows.  Opening them, shooting from them and then closing.  Then they decided to change the rules mid game that you weren't allowed to shoot from any windows.  Second mistake as that news didn't get around to everyone causing some people to be lit up from windows who hadn't heard about the rule change.  I'm pretty sure the rules changed one more time during the event but I could be wrong.
Were the windows glazed?

Bit of a health and safety issue I would think.?

Regards 

 
Back
Top