Blitz CQB - Whitechapel (Airbourne Airsoft)

It sounds like the staff have accepted the grand majority of the criticism and that is a positive sign that it might change. At some point, since its local, I might check it again and see if its improved but it wont be soon as its the worst Airsoft experience I have had on a site, I left because it was unsafe and I was injured and have had more fun at a funeral. At least if its run within its insurance bounds and safe I won't be leaving because I am hurt but its going to take more than policy changes to make it a fun site from what I experienced.
How did you feel the game balance was in terms of team size? Was 15v15 too much? If it really is not larger than bunker 51 i'd imagine that 8v8 would be more effective based on the photos. I still think bunker is a site for 4v4.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'd imagine 8v8 isn't worth it for those who run have to run it. These are run as for-profit businesses or at least need to be self-sustaining.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
How did you feel the game balance was in terms of team size? Was 15v15 too much? If it really is not larger than bunker 51 i'd imagine that 8v8 would be more effective based on the photos. I still think bunker is a site for 4v4.
2 years ago I spoke to a guy who had tested Bunker 51 before it went public. He was telling me about the awesome 5v5 games in there with bomb props and the lights and sirens and the computerised objectives and how much fun that was with a pistol.

Then I told him they put 50 people in there and he couldn't see how that would work and worse than that bunker 51 doesn't use any of the props. But one night they announced the game only a few days ahead and only about 15 of us turned up and the site was vastly improved.

I strongly suspect Blitz cqb would be improved with 5v5 compared to 15v15. I doubt that would be economic but maybe a private party would have a lot of fun like that at high expense. I feel this way about all the cqb places I can reach reasonably, even the mall suffers from it somewhat but not as severely.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I strongly suspect Blitz cqb would be improved with 5v5 compared to 15v15. I doubt that would be economic but maybe a private party would have a lot of fun like that at high expense. I feel this way about all the cqb places I can reach reasonably, even the mall suffers from it somewhat but not as severely.
It all depends how much you're willing to pay. I checked with the proprietor and it looks to me like half the (30x£30) money goes to staffing/marshalling - I hope they declare that income. That's a lot of money to make in 4 hours.

Good new's is there's no ultimate airsoft Blitz monopoly, so, who are the other two airsoft organisers using the site?

 
Last edited by a moderator:
My issue with the milsim for Airbourne airsoft is with Team Vendetta. I can't recommend people travel to Mike's Milsim on the basis of how the team abandoned the game. My issue is with Templar Mike and the Vendetta team leadership. I had to travel a long way to play that game including booking hotels and to have the game abandoned meant I lost cash in cancelling it all. I left the team for that reason I wasn't kicked out just pissed off and called it quits. I don't blame that on Airbourne Airsoft, that is all on the Vendetta teams leadership and it was Mike who made the appeal for more players and then himself abandoned the game. So no it wasn't on my mind writing this review and why would it be it has nothing to do with Vendetta.

It sounds like the staff have accepted the grand majority of the criticism and that is a positive sign that it might change. At some point, since its local, I might check it again and see if its improved but it wont be soon as its the worst Airsoft experience I have had on a site, I left because it was unsafe and I was injured and have had more fun at a funeral. At least if its run within its insurance bounds and safe I won't be leaving because I am hurt but its going to take more than policy changes to make it a fun site from what I experienced.
Oh dear. You may want to check your facts there buddy. It was not me that recruited for extra players, nor was it me who was in command, nor did I abandon the game. I had said since the date was announced that I couldn't make that game date. Not that it would of made a difference as i was not a commander for the Op. In fact, I only took over as commander in November.
I have to say though, that I am pleasantly surprised by your response. I did say that I could be wrong with your post being made out of spite, and hopefully I was. I do take slight issue however in the criticism of the Vendetta team for the simple fact that, you never turned up to the game. I do understand your concern over loss of money though. Maybe you should come along to the next event, where you will find that there is no lack of leadership at all, you may enjoy it!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I came across Ultimate Airsoft London's website today and I think their description of their site is quite interesting, you can see the full thing (http://www.thecageairsoft.co.uk/airsoft-games.html) but I have posted a copy below.

To me there are two interesting points. First is that the energy limit is well defined and what you would expect (328fps with 0.2g) and secondly 12 players per game is a lot less players, yet its the same price.

Ultimate Airsoft London
Right in the heart of London, Ultimate Airsoft is a purpose-built CQB venue. Modelled after a bombed out 1940's Whitechapel, this multi level site offers a variety of small and large buildings.

This event is for the seasoned player, in order to provide a quality experience we operate on the following basis:
- maximum 12 players per game
- no brightly coloured guns allowed
- no rental equipment available

Time: 9:30 - 13:30
Doors Open: 9:15

​Equipment Restrictions
Muzzle Energy: 1 joule (328 fps with 0.2g BB)
Single shot only, automatic fire not permitted
Pyrotechnics: Blank firing devices only
Full face protection recommended
Hearing protection recommended

Age Restriction
All players must be aged 18 or over​
 
TM guns only then? :P

I asked Wolf armouries by email about this site, they basically said "$$$". I had always assumed their Bunker 51 skirmish was a loss leader to sell airsoft guns. Apparently that's not the case.

You know, this is the correct site Brightcandle? As the proprietor said earlier, he lets out the site in 4 hour blocks to 3 different airsoft skirmish organisers, so far.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
This event is for the seasoned player, in order to provide a quality experience we operate on the following basis:

- maximum 12 players per game- no brightly coloured guns allowed

​
All players must be aged 18 or over​
This does sound better, less players and more room to move around the site.

 
Now to add my two pence...

I visited the site today(its after midnight so technically yesterday)

I played the full session 2pm - 6pm it was £30.

Now this is a lot of money for a few hours of airsoft. I can play all day for £20 not too far from London, however its 20 mins down the road and not having to pay petrol, buy a lunch and snacks for energy etc I figured I would try it as I wont play again for 4 or 5 weeks.

The site was not full (the website said 30 players max) there were only 16 players. I cannot see how having more than 20 players in total would work. 30 would be bedlam. Still not as packed as Bunker 51 gets (one of the main reasons I stay away from there).

Brightcandles original post was familiar sounding, many of the same issues, however there was a chrono.

Spawn kills were common, in fact it was an issue in a few games. We were pinned in the spawn, getting shot whilst in the spawn and then getting told off for shooting back from in the spawn. Our spawn was overlooked by a few positions which were all manned by the enemy and were just told "theirs plenty of ways out, find a way" even though both ways were being over-watched by the enemy team.

The game play was great, fun and fast paced, no waiting around before or after games, briefing started on time and the game was underway by 2.15 which maximised the game times which I liked.

Quite a few people lighting others up, especially dead players.

The shooting dead men and spawn issue was dealt with by the two marshals.

Marshals were few and far between, the site could defo had used another two to help keep an eye out on the ground and help gameplay.

Communication and organisation could have been a touch better, one of the games we were told the enemy could not fire out from the prison, I was shot from out of the prison (thinking my back would be clear) and when I asked the marshal he told me he moved the other team back so they now could shoot from their. Unfortunately he did not tell our team!

One thing which did annoy the hell out of me is site size, now I may have read the info wrong, most likely did. But im certain I read the site was the size of a football pitch. I was expecting a full size pitch, not a 5 a side pitch. It may have implied the site was in a building the size of a football pitch as the building was huge, but the game zone itself was very small.

---

Overall I would go back, its close, easy to park, and actually a lovely looking site (not hugely well laid out but few rarely are, each to their own though) The marshals were helpful and very friendly (sounds like different guys from before, no Kenny. And signs up saying alcohol is forbidden :lol: even though there were some glass bottles in game zone <_<

The players there were very friendly, the marshal seemed to know most people, and most of the guys today knew each other and were accommodating to us newbs!

I will check the website and as you can see the bookings, I would certainly decide to go back at short notice if there are not so many bookings as a last minute skirmish.

 
That's an interesting read Albiscuit. Its a little sad that they charge £30 for 4 hours .When if 30 people pay £30 more than 50% of the cash raised goes into the marshals pockets, and not the site owners.

If you play 'bring your own marshals' games I recall it's something like £300 for up to 20 people, and the site owners just unlock the door and make sure you chrono and do basic insurance mandated safety. I cant recall if you need firstaiders though.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
The site is a located in a huge warehouse, that seems a little bit of everything. There are around 8 different activities happening in that (slightly shabby) building.

Obviously I have no idea how much their rent and overheads are but could not really see where my money was going. The site is pretty basic, works for airsoft, I have been in worse safe zones but the actual game zone was spot on. Looked to be made by a professional scene building company.

The cost did not put me off, being able to park in central without having to fill up my petrol tank (only down the road from me) and not having to plan a whole day around the game were an ok trade for me. Yeah it could have been cheaper, I could have gone to Mall all day, but then I would have been out all day plus travel, needed to buy lunch, fill up the car and get home late and knackered so I figure its a fair trade for a decent game of arisoft.

The game time was great, no huge waits between games, I actually came away feeling like I played all day, not for 4 hours..

 
That's an interesting read Albiscuit. Its a little sad that they charge £30 for 4 hours .When if 30 people pay £30 more than 50% of the cash raised goes into the marshals pockets, and not the site owners.

If you play 'bring your own marshals' games I recall it's something like £300 for up to 20 people, and the site owners just unlock the door and make sure you chrono and do basic insurance mandated safety. I cant recall if you need firstaiders though.
Thats the model though. I see what your saying, if the owners ran their own games they would have control of the marshals (and therefore the professionalism of their own employees) and would be able to put more money back into the site to maybe have a few more mod cons for the players.

But then I have toyed with the idea of my own site (as Im sure we all have) it will never happen but would totally not be for profit but I digress.

I like the idea of BYOM games especially at Blitz. Has potential for some very good sneaky play :)

 
Thats the model though. I see what your saying, if the owners ran their own games they would have control of the marshals (and therefore the professionalism of their own employees) and would be able to put more money back into the site to maybe have a few more mod cons for the players.

But then I have toyed with the idea of my own site (as Im sure we all have) it will never happen but would totally not be for profit but I digress.

I like the idea of BYOM games especially at Blitz. Has potential for some very good sneaky play :)
I contacted the owner directly to enquire, he was very accommodating and open about pricing.

 
So we should defo look to marshal our own game there soonish ;) cut out the middlemen as it were! :ph34r:

 
Well, the interesting question is, how much would you be willing to pay for four hours access to the site with a reasonable number of players. And how much would you pay the "marshals" for 4-6 hours - transport included lets say.

Obviously the best case would be to find 12-16 reliable people and just alternate leadership at each event. The venue hire is less than £100/hour last time I checked - i wont discuss the real price openly just in case that affects it.

Though it sounds to me like the spawning areas need rebalancing anyway - I'm guessing they don't vary the spawn point location - they probably should.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the interesting question is, how much would you be willing to pay for four hours access to the site with a reasonable number of players. And how much would you pay the "marshals" for 4-6 hours - transport included lets say.

Obviously the best case would be to find 12-16 reliable people and just alternate leadership at each event. The venue hire is less than £100/hour last time I checked - i wont discuss the real price openly just in case that affects it.

Though it sounds to me like the spawning areas need rebalancing anyway - I'm guessing they don't vary the spawn point location - they probably should.
Well depending on the players would you NEED marshals? actually thats a whole different thread :D

yeah lets say two marshals per game (could even alternate over the night)

Im happy with the £30 it cost like I said. I have no issue with the organisers from my last visit I would just prefer it no more than 8 per team as I experienced. I feel anymore would take away from the atmosphere. Obviously cheaper is better if we are just covering costs...

There are no real options for spawning. Only two opposing corners as it were, very similar to Bunker 51.

 
Back
Top