Well this has been an interesting read, but I have to say I am slightly miffed by the comments. Now, while I haven't been to Blitz CQB (I have been there for a look round but am yet to play there), I am a regular player for the last 18 months with Airborne and have to say that I always found them professional, and courteous. They have always gone out of their way to make sure players have a good day at their events that I have been to. Now that's not to say everyone will have an amazing experience, because lets be honest, you can never please everybody, but I have had no problem and still have no problem recommending their events in general to anybody looking for a good day.
Now for my 2 pence on these comments.
You've got three guys who have made negative reviews, and two guys who have made positive reviews. One of those positive reviews has been accused and criticised of being a member of staff because it was his first post, yet the same can be said, in terms of criticism for one of the negative reviews, who joined yesterday, made one negative comment and hasn't been back on since. So let's ignore both of those. Out of the two remaining negative comments, one of those guys has already said he would give the site another go, and then you have the third negative post, which was the original post, from Mr BrightCandle.
This comment reeks of bitterness to me, and I'll explain why. The reason being that last summer Bright Candle joined the Airborne Airsoft MilSim series to play on the Vendetta side of the series, which is player led. It is not led by DS from the event organisers. We were struggling at the time to get a leader to volunteer for the upcoming event, due to it being fathers day. Unbeknown to BrightCandle, what happened is one of our guys rearranged his family stuff (He's a father) to take over command and by all accounts the event was well run and a good day as usual. Unfortunately this happened after BrightCandle decided to kick off and start throwing abuse at how the game was being run (This is about 2 weeks before the event even took place). He criticised the lack of planning, when in fact there was plenty of planning going on behind the scenes, which I myself was involved with (as a player not staff). Subsequently he was kicked off the event and told not to attend because of his bad attitude and rude/abusive comments. After being told this, and prior to being banned from the team Facebook page, he commented on how he would "leave a bad review of Airborne Airsoft and it's events" despite the fact that he had never actually played an event with Airborne (his own words) and was pulled off the event in question some 2 weeks before it even took place. Now it could just be coincidental that he forgot about how p*ssed off he was with Airborne and decided to just go to one of their events anyway, although I'm not sure how someone who was so negative toward them would then go and play at their latest venue/event. But his final statement of "This site is all kinds of sh*t, don't go... This is one to avoid." Doesn't show any objectivity. He's telling people to not go rather than giving his opinion and leaving it to you to make a decision. I could be wrong though, but the way he has worded this, and given his final comments to us all before being kicked off the team, it seems more like this has been written out of spite. Especially given the amount of good reviews that come from the place.
As for the price, well, what some can afford others can not. And that's not a dig at anyone whatsoever, but you have to remember that some people are willing to pay that money. In fact, just a look at Airborne's Facebook page will tell you that. Since this post has gone up there have been loads of positive comments on there to counter the three negative comments on here. Not to mention all the positive feedback so far from the large amounts of players who have already played there.
And with regard to the beers, I wasn't there but by all accounts it was 1 beer that had been bought by a customer for the staff as a thank you Christmas present (which in itself screams of gratitude for the way the site is run. I mean lets be honest. You wouldn't buy some beers for the staff if you had a c*nt of a day would you!!). Further to this, the guy who bought the beer has said this "Afternoon all Airbonre Airsoft have always run a professional game at all time, great lads one drink at Xmas was a donation from myself for a great experiences I have had and if I didn't have a good experience when I visited back in October I wouldn't be still playing and have a wicked time there".
And just to clarify before I get asked if I'm a member of staff. I am not. I am not affiliated with Airborne in any way, other than I play their MilSim series, help out with commanding the team (their games take the format where the players do the tactical planning based on the teams missions and objectives for the day!), and I post my game play videos to my YouTube channel. I do not get paid for taking on the planning for the Vendetta team either. And before I get called a fan boy, or as us grown ups call it, a fan, yes I am fan of Airborne. If I wasn't, I wouldn't have played at their events on a near monthly basis for the last 18 months and spent hours planning MilSim operations for myself and the players of their events.