Blitz CQB - Whitechapel (Airbourne Airsoft)

Following on from you're post, I urge you to go back to blitz for a full day, i find it hard to write a review on 1.5 hour of playing, I've been to blitz 5-6 times since it opened and had no problems, I agree with you on the bit about getting trapped in spawns, I've had it happen to me a few times, you just have to be aggressive as a team to fight out of the spawn, if you have any problems please contact the directors of airborne airsoft they're really approachable guys, always taking on points from players and putting the player first! But again I urge you to go back again don't let one bad game put you off going again.

 
And the drinking issue? And the apparent Polarstar issue? And the overkill issue????

Fair play to you for coming on here and addressing some concerns but it sounds (albeit 3rd hand) that its anything but a 'tight ship' being ran down there. Perception of a site being everything, some action to correct these issues may do you a world of good as a business in increasing potential customer base but I am sure you know that already :)
 
Please understand, we are not Airbourne Airsoft Blitz CQB. These issues are with how they run their games. However, drinking, whether it's a player or a marshal is an absolute no no. Airbourne Airsoft have been instructed that this does not happen again. In fairness, I think this was a brief lack of judgement on their part, but they have been told in no uncertain terms that it cannot happen.

As for overkill, come on. This happens in every Airsoft game everywhere. I'm sure you've laid on one or two many rounds more than is needed at times. By the time a player is indicating a hit there could be 10 rounds in the air. No site can have a marshal on every players shoulder. This is an accepted, if unwelcome, part of playing the game. What's not acceptable is overkill with hot guns. I've addressed the issue of chronographing so hopefully this will at least make it bearable. Bear in mind, if a player is caught purposely overkilling, hot or not, they will be barred.

The fact that stated that works are being done "as I speak" is a fair indication that "action" is being taken to correct modt of these issues.

Forgive my ignorance, but I don't know what polarstar means.

 
Polarstar, SMP, etc. - HPA (high pressure air) rifles. Very high (and adjustable) rate of fire and quick trigger response. Have known twats to use them in CQB because in semi they're like a paintball gun - you can get 20-30rps out of them if your fingers are quick enough. This certainly isn't just at a handful of sites though as there's usually one or two wherever from what I've heard. Gives HPA a bad name.

 
I can't see why you think £30 is expensive for 4hrs I can spend that in one or two rounds in Paintball - 30min tops. I've been as it's been a cheap night out and it's more fun than playing CS-GO at home.

The site is cool, but the Airborne Airsoft guys make it a cracking venue and happy to give a helping hand with getting the best out of the games.

Mamba
Because you can go to a cqb site like the mall and get a whole days play for £35 in bigger and better venue where the marshalls do there job properly.
I was tempted to get in touch with the site about organising regular private games for myself and also for forum meets, but after reading all this and looking at online reviews think I will leave it alone.

Got to ask mamba do you work for them?

Asking because you only joined today and jumped straight on here sticking up for the site. Are you really the stealth employee who has to defend the beer swigging unprofessional marshalls because it didnt work.

I think I and most forum members will listen to brightcandle more as he is a well known forum regular.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Following on from you're post, I urge you to go back to blitz for a full day, i find it hard to write a review on 1.5 hour of playing, I've been to blitz 5-6 times since it opened and had no problems, I agree with you on the bit about getting trapped in spawns, I've had it happen to me a few times, you just have to be aggressive as a team to fight out of the spawn, if you have any problems please contact the directors of airborne airsoft they're really approachable guys, always taking on points from players and putting the player first! But again I urge you to go back again don't let one bad game put you off going again.
Do you work for them as well? Think I am starting to spot a trend. Do you get a gold star or a free can of stella for this?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering what with it being his first post and all, but maybe he was just lurking a while and felt compelled to post. Does happen.

 
Polarstar, SMP, etc. - HPA (high pressure air) rifles. Very high (and adjustable) rate of fire and quick trigger response. Have known twats to use them in CQB because in semi they're like a paintball gun - you can get 20-30rps out of them if your fingers are quick enough. This certainly isn't just at a handful of sites though as there's usually one or two wherever from what I've heard. Gives HPA a bad name.
 
Because you can go to a cqb site like the mall and get a whole days play for £35 in bigger and better venue where the marshalls do there job properly.

I was tempted to get in touch with the site about organising regular private games for myself and also for forum meets, but after reading all this and looking at online reviews think I will leave it alone.

Got to ask mamba do you work for them?

Asking because you only joined today and jumped straight on here sticking up for the site. Are you really the stealth employee who has to defend the beer swigging unprofessional marshalls because it didnt work.

I think I and most forum members will listen to brightcandle more as he a well known forum regular.
 
Because these issues are with Airbourne Airsoft and not the site. This is not indicative of how Ultimate Airsoft runs its games or its site. If you came to me to look to hire the venue and run your own own games, then they would be run by YOU. And then you'd have to deal with complaints when you or one of your crew make a bad judgement call or just stuff up. Please don't condemn the site just because a third party has had issues. This is not the fault of Ultimate Airsoft Whitechapel or the venue. Your being a bit unfair. And it is entirely possible (actually, a fact) that there are many players who are really happy with the way Airbourne Airsoft run the majority of their games and are prepared to come onto this forum in their defence. Don't disrespect them for it.

If you want to talk to me about hiring my site then please, come and talk.

 
I do not work for airborne airsoft, just a satisfied customer, I got linked to this thread and thought the need to say something. ??

 
Because these issues are with Airbourne Airsoft and not the site. This is not indicative of how Ultimate Airsoft runs its games or its site. If you came to me to look to hire the venue and run your own own games, then they would be run by YOU. And then you'd have to deal with complaints when you or one of your crew make a bad judgement call or just stuff up. Please don't condemn the site just because a third party has had issues. This is not the fault of Ultimate Airsoft Whitechapel or the venue. Your being a bit unfair. And it is entirely possible (actually, a fact) that there are many players who are really happy with the way Airbourne Airsoft run the majority of their games and are prepared to come onto this forum in their defence. Don't disrespect them for it.

If you want to talk to me about hiring my site then please, come and talk.
Unfortunately I think it reflects on you that this happens. If you allow people to use your site for events its part of your responsibility to make sure that the site is being used responsibly. It screams of poor overall management.I respect you for coming on hear to address the issues its just a shame that you hadn't already got a handle on it. I honestly believe to put all the blame back on airbourne airsoft is a bit of a cop out.

As for disrespecting people defending the site I didnt disrespect the forum member who has been a member for a while because that is probably genuine. I disrespected those who joined today to jump to the defence of the site because those posts are giving off a funny odour.

I think this could be a good time to step back and take a look at at the whole business plan. Offer full days at a reasonable price and make sure that events are run properly, whether thats by yourself or others. At the end of the day its the site that gets the bad reputation it doesn't matter who is running the event.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that some players are deliberately dishonest at chrono (cheating it or simply not presenting a weapon) happens everywhere.
Rubbish.

I am also the owner of Bunker 51. I have two other Airsoft groups who use the site as well as beginning to run my own games with my staff. In addition, the site runs as an overflow for our laser tag operation which is at the front of the site. We also hire the site out for immersive theatre experinces and private functions. It's getting used s lot.

Wolf have been invited down to view the site but haven't as yet. BYOM is something we could look at at times we're not busy.
Well, intentional or not, Airbourne have allowed the impression that it's their site, to exist.

I was tempted to get in touch with the site about organising regular private games for myself and also for forum meets, but after reading all this and looking at online reviews think I will leave it alone.
:(

Thanks for this. I'll look into introducing a policy for any player using HPA.
This is it's own can of worms, you want to keep it simple.

At the chronograph, test the gun with the weight of ammo they intend to use (always use your own BBs at the initial chronograph) and use a simple table to calculate the muzzle force. It's not absolutely necessary to then check to see if they get the similar results with their own ammo.

Alternatively just chrono HPA guns with 0.28g or heavier ammo as your standard practice.

When carrying out any subsequent HPA spot checks (with or without any suspicion) do so initially with the players' own magazines - and cross check those results with what is expected from whatever ammo weight they said they'd use (and the results that particular gun got at the initial chronograph) - if their muzzle force has changed (and hop alteration does not explain the variation) re-test with your own ammo at the weight used at the initial chronograph.

Never take a players word for it on whatever weight they claim to have in their magazine - this is not a question of honesty, but safety.

As for rate of fire; I'd say removing players, on a case by case basis, from the play area for 20 minutes if they abuse rate of fire potential is enough.

Please don't go overboard.

Because these issues are with Airbourne Airsoft and not the site. This is not indicative of how Ultimate Airsoft runs its games or its site. If you came to me to look to hire the venue and run your own own games, then they would be run by YOU. And then you'd have to deal with complaints when you or one of your crew make a bad judgement call or just stuff up. Please don't condemn the site just because a third party has had issues. This is not the fault of Ultimate Airsoft Whitechapel or the venue. Your being a bit unfair. And it is entirely possible (actually, a fact) that there are many players who are really happy with the way Airbourne Airsoft run the majority of their games and are prepared to come onto this forum in their defence. Don't disrespect them for it.

If you want to talk to me about hiring my site then please, come and talk.
I sent you a PM earlier. Sending another. :)

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for this. I'll look into introducing a policy for any player using HPA.
I'm an HPA user myself and most of us are good, but the thing about HPA in solenoid engines like Polarstar, SMP, Valken etc. is they are capable of firing as quick as you can pull the trigger so marshals do have to be aware of people overshooting in the case of HPA users. I wouldn't say bringing any policies in is a good idea because there are bad players who use AEGs and HPA but with HPA it's a little more obvious when abused in CQB.

A proper cronograph is enough (HPA can Joule creep a lot, but that's another story). The rest comes down to the marshals. I've never been though - was just an offhanded commend about HPA. Again, it gets noticed when people abuse it.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately I think it reflects on you that this happens. If you allow people to use your site for events its part of your responsibility to make sure that the site is being used responsibly. It screams of poor overall management.

I respect you for coming on hear to address the issues its just a shame that you hadn't already got a handle on it. I honestly believe to put all the blame back on airbourne airsoft is a bit of a cop out.

As for disrespecting people defending the site I didnt disrespect the forum member who has been a member for a while because that is probably genuine. I disrespected those who joined today to jump to the defence of the site because those posts are giving off a funny odour.

I think this could be a good time to step back and take a look at at the whole business plan. Offer full days at a reasonable price and make sure that events are run properly, whether thats by yourself or others. At the end of the day its the site that gets the bad reputation it doesn't matter who is running the event.
 
Bright Candle you said you was guna write a bad review about Airborne last August ish when you were in our Airborne Milsim team Vendetta page when no one stepped up as vendetta leader at the event on fathers day you threw your toys out the pram. You love a moan, I guess this is it you must sit on a grudge for ages. Bless ya.

Ive just seen this on the Airborne page with about 30 good reviews flown up in half a day.

I always find Airborne Events very well run and the staff very professional and friendly and ive been going 2 ish years. Ive almost written off most other sites unless they are epic jus to keep going to Airborne events because of this.

 
Bright Candle you said you was guna write a bad review about Airborne last August ish when you were in our Airborne Milsim team Vendetta page when no one stepped up as vendetta leader at the event on fathers day you threw your toys out the pram. You love a moan, I guess this is it you must sit on a grudge for ages. Bless ya.

Ive just seen this on the Airborne page with about 30 good reviews flown up in half a day.

I always find Airborne Events very well run and the staff very professional and friendly and ive been going 2 ish years. Ive almost written off most other sites unless they are epic jus to keep going to Airborne events because of this.
What about the other two people saying how bad it was on here?I am sure airborne run some good events but unless you were there you cant say how bad that day was. Have you actually played that site? If so please give your review just try not to make it sound as fan boyish as your post.

 
Time for a lock I think before it gets out of hand. Everything has been said that needs to be said? Personally I agree 100% with TriggerHappy, time to look at your business model. £30 for 4 hrs simply doesnt cut it when the Mall is just down the road; even setting aside these issues.

 
Back
Top